twenty-four

"You don't have to say, what you didI already know, I found out from him

I already know, I found out from him."

Alex, Jim and Khan watched in horror as a man flew by them and Alex's screams cut off abruptly as they hit the ground with a mixture of grunts and groans.

They continued to slide and roll down the hall, right up until they were all at Scotty's feet.

"Uh, welcome aboard?" He greeted the three.

Alex laid flat on her stomach and panted. "Thanks, you ass."

"It's good to see you too, Scotty." Jim sat up.

"Who's he?"

"Oh...Khan, Scotty. Scotty, Khan."

"Hello."

Khan stood up on one knee. "They'll know we're here. I know the best way to the bridge."

--

"These phasers are locked to stun." Jim handed each one of them a phaser that looked nothing like any they had seen.

"There's won't be." Khan took his and cocked it to fire. He led the way through the engineering bay while Alex, Jim, and Scotty followed suit.

"They're going to have full power and we're walking!" Scotty exclaimed at a full whisper.

"We could be easily tracked and Marcus will have us in a cage. This path runs adjacent to the engine room. They know they won't be able to use their weapons without destabilizing the warp core, giving us the advantage." Khan explained.

"Where'd you find this guy?" Scotty's look turned from scared to baffled.

"Kronos." Alex whispered as they took off jogging again.

Khan led them through narrow hallways that all gleamed a tinted blue. Alex imagined that the Enterprise's own engine room looking very similar if she dared go down there again.

"I don't mean to tempt fate here..." Scotty broke the silence again. "But where is everybody?"

"This ship was designed to hold a minimal crew, one if necessary." Khan retorted. A crew member appeared directly out of nowhere and he grabbed him like it was nothing and began to beat the living shit out of him. Alex, Jim, and Scotty all backed up nervously, until Alex was caught unsuspecting and was thrown into the wall on her right.

She whipped her head around as a group of officers approached the three of them. Alex clocked her attacker in the jaw, causing him to stumble backward. He swung at her too, but she dodged quickly and swung a roundhouse kick right to his hip.

Bad move.

The man grabbed her leg easily and began to twist her hip out of her socket, but she thought quick and jumped on him. He clearly wasn't ready for the sudden weight change and dropped to the ground with Alex, who swatted him across the temple with her phaser, rendering the officer unconscious.

She jumped right back up when the fighting behind her stopped and panicked when there was only a single unconscious man in front of her.

"Where's Khan?" She turned around to an equally confused Jim and Scotty.

Jim hustled forward and bolted to the left. Alex and Scotty followed suit, arming themselves again with their phasers. He led them through some heavy machinery, narrow halls, to a group of computers.

"Where is he?" Scotty whispered.

Jim stopped in his tracks. "Shit...."

"This way." Everyone turned around to see Khan, armed with his phaser. He darted away, and Alex began to follow, but Jim grabbed her arm.

"The minute we get to the bridge, drop him."

"What?" Scotty snapped. "I thought he was helping us!"

"I think we're helping him."

They ran after him reluctantly, the halls now glinting a deep red from loss of power. As soon as they turned a bright blue, Khan kicked open the door to the bridge, signaling their arrival. They opened fire relentlessly on the bridge crew.

Alex swerved to her right and one by one, took out the remaining crew members. By the time she had circled to the front of the Admiral's chair, Scotty shot down Khan, causing him to fall down at her feet.

"Keep an eye on him." Jim ordered Scotty. Alex looked up and noticed Carol standing in a corner, shaking in fear. She must have been held there after her father beamed her off the Enterprise.

"Admiral Marcus, you're under arrest." Jim pointed his phaser at him.

"You're not actually going to do this." Marcus scoffed.

"Admiral, get out of the chair."

"You better stop and think about what you're doing, Kirk. You better think about what you did on Kronos. You made an intrusion on an enemy planet. You killed a Klingon patrol. Even if you got away without a trace, war is coming. And who's going to lead us? YOU?"

Alex cringed at Marcus' yelling. She looked down at her phaser and noticed that it wasn't actually locked.

"If I'm not in charge, our entire way of life is decimated. So you want me off this ship, you'd better kill me."

Alex struggled with the switch as she nearly got it locked.

"I'm not going to kill you." Jim shook his head. "I could stun your ass and drag you out of here. I wouldn't kill you in front of your daughter."

"Are you alright?" Jim asked Carol.

"Yes, Captain."

Alex slammed her phaser into kill mode. "I'll do it myself if I have to. He had to have known that becoming a warmonger was going to get him killed eventually." She raised her phaser so it was pointed at Admiral Marcus.

Jim turned to her to object, but instead he shouted at her. "Watch out!"

Everyone panicked as the sound of bone snapping cleanly filled the bridge. Alex fell to the ground in a mangled heap, letting out an awful cry of pain.

DUN DUN DUN. SHITS GOING DOWN.

Be sure to comment, vote, share, and follow me for more updates from this story!! Xoxox.

~AB~