six

"Way too many questions you must think I trust you

"Way too many questions you must think I trust you."

Alex was nearly beginning to doze off in her desk corner when she heard her communicator go off, startling her.

"Doctor Watterson, you have a patient that is requesting he see you personally." Christine said quickly.

"Doctor Vatterson! Hello! I vas told I should see you to get medical attention." An adorable young curly haired cadet with a Russian accent approached her at her desk.

"Well hello." Alex stood up and straightened herself out. "Go have a seat on that bio bed right there." She pointed to the one closest to her desk. She gathered her kit together and went to go attend to the cadet.

"So who might you be, cutie pie?" Alex began to scan him down with a tricorder.

"My name ees Pavel Chekov, Miss. I am sewenteen years old and I am nawigator een training. There was en explosion in ze flight deck and dees shards of metal hit me." The kid answered politely in his best English.

"Explosion in the flight deck?" She asked.

"Something...er..malfunctioned."

Alex shut off her tricorder. She huffed, setting her equipment down. "Well, Pavel, it looks like you have already picked most of the shards out of your arms and chest, but your back doesn't look too good." She walked to the other side of the bed to examine his back. "Oh dear."

"Ees eet bad, Doctor?" Pavel asked nervously.

Alex reached down to find the right hypo and stood up, now facing him. "Well, I'll need to inject this into your system in order to prevent an infection, and then I'll need to clean up the wound on your back before I get you to the dermal regenerator."

"Okay."

Alex stuck the hypo into Pavel's neck, and he slightly flinched as the medicine entered his system. "I'm going to need you to take off your shirt so I can clean this up."

Pavel immediately turned bright red at Alex's instructions. She giggled at the curly haired cadet and motioned for him to follow her.

"Would it make you feel more comfortable if we did it in the regeneration room?"

"Yes." He answered almost immediately.

Alex led Pavel to the dermal regenerator room and immediately got to work on cleaning up the dried blood and removing any more shards of metal from his body. And after 20 minutes in the dermal regenerator, he was good as new.