seven

"I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way

"I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way."

"Alex!" Christine caught up to her friend, struggling to tie her hair up into a bun. "Why is there an assembly?"

Alex kept walking in the general direction, smoothing out her red cadet uniform, pissed as all getout. "Jim passed the Kobayashi Maru test and all the admirals and superior officers are freaking out. And we're late."

"Aren't we always?" Christine asked.

The two girls found two seats in the back of the room, and watched as Jim stood at a podium preparing to be berated.

"This is Commander Spock. He is one of our most distinguished graduates. He's programmed the Kobayashi Maru exam for the last four years. Commander?" Admiral Barnett summoned the officer.

Spock turned to Jim. "Cadet Kirk, you somehow managed to install and activate a subroutine in the programming code, thereby changing the conditions of the test."

"Your point being?" Jim scoffed.

"In academic vernacular, you cheated." Barnett snapped.

"The test itself is a cheat, isn't it? I mean, you programmed it to be unwinnable." Jim ignored Barnett and turned to Spock.

"Your argument precludes the possibility of a no-win scenario."

"Holy shit, is he Vulcan?" Christine leaned over to ask Alex, who nodded, watching intently.

Jim answered confidently. "I don't believe in no-win scenarios."

"Then not only did you violate the rules, you also failed to understand the principal lesson." Spock said, as annoyed as a Vulcan could sound.

"Please enlighten me."

"You of all people should know, Cadet Kirk, a captain cannot cheat death."

"I of all people..." Jim started.

Spock cut him off. "Your father, Lieutenant George Kirk, assumed command of his vessel before being killed in action, did he not?"

"Don't...." Alex growled. Christine took Alex's hand in attempts to settle her down.

"I don't think you like the fact that I beat your test." Jim retorted to Spock, ignoring the question.

"Furthermore, you have failed to divine the purpose of the test." The Vulcan answered calmly.

"Enlighten me again." Jim snapped.