thirty-eight

"Cause right now thou hast forsaken us, you should be honored by my lateness

"Cause right now thou hast forsaken us, you should be honored by my lateness."

Alex opened her eyes slowly as the three of them were beamed to the front end of the tunnel. Bones was right. She wanted to throw up after being transported pixel by pixel. Jaylah armed her staff and stood up with them.

"This way."

She led them through the tunnel as the sounds of replicated motorcycles filled the area. She had worked her replicator and her cementing smog so Jim could put up a shield for them and pull the fire away from the four of them. They crouched below an entrance deck, hiding away from Krall's men.

"I've got to admit, that's one hell of a distraction." Bones shook his head.

"Your friends are over there." Jaylah pointed to their left and got up, walking away to go fight someone in particular she was looking for.

Alex sighed, taking the lead. "Come on."

They climbed over the rocks and hustled to the gates that held the crew members inside. Bones blasted the gates open, enabling the crew to get out. The first person they saw climb out was Sulu.

"Commander," Sulu reached for Spock. "Uhura. They took her."

Spock hesitated for a second, looking back to Bones and Alex, who both nodded.

"Get the remainder of the crew to saftey."

Alex silently cursed herself and began to help Bones direct the remaining crew members. "This way!"

Bones handed an officer a beacon to signal Scotty and Chekov and directed the last of the first 20 people they would beam up.

Alex looked up to see Jaylah shooting away the guards as the first round of crew members was beamed aboard the Franklin. She turned away for a minute to help guide the next set of crew members to beam up. A blonde haired woman held the beacon for the next group and Alex brightened up seeing Christine in front of her.

"Alex!" Christine sounded her beacon, beginning to beam the next 20.

"I'll see you on the ship!" Alex looked around to see if M'Benga had beamed back yet. Maybe he had, and she just wasn't paying any attention.

Alex looked back up and heard a scream, that sounded just like Jaylah.

"Where'd she go?" Alex cried, shooting to kill at the guards.