eleven

"Come on skinny love,  just last the year

"Come on skinny love, just last the year."

Alex hadn't had a quiet evening to herself in a long time, so she decided to make the most of it by reading a classic novel Jim had given her for one of her birthdays and sip on bourbon in a flask that Bones had given her for another birthday at the academy. Before she could change her clothes and settle in for the night, she heard a knock on her door.

Out of curiosity, she opened the door to see Bones, who looked quite energetic and in a decent mood.

"Hey, do you have a minute? I want to show you something."

Alex was taken aback. "I'm on call tonight, but sure...where are we going?"

Bones held out a hand for her to take. "I think you'll like it."

She sighed, taking his hand. "Lead the way, McCoy."

--

"Are we at the holodeck?" Alex brightened up in surprise as the two reached a set of double doors.

"Yes ma'am." Bones keyed in a code so they could step through the first set of doors. "Where would you like to go, my dear?"

Alex looked up at the man next to her, trying to ignore the fact that she was blushing. "I've never seen the mountains."

He keyed in another program and Alex watched in awe as the next set of doors opened to the most beautiful view she has seen in her life. Trees dotted the entire landscape, and the two let each others hands go so they could both explore their surroundings. Alex touched one of the synthetic trees that was right in front of her. She padded her way through the rest of the forest. The area felt more real as a light breeze brushed past her, making the trees rustle and dance around her. She approached a viewing ledge and clutched the rails. The mountains seemed to go on for miles. A rushing river coursed its way through the valley.

"It's beautiful." Alex could barely get the words out of her mouth.

A pair of arms snaked around her waist, and she immediately leaned back into Bones, tangling her own arms with his. Bones took a deep breath and rested his chin on top of her head. "Welcome to Chimney Rock, North Carolina. My family used to vacation in the Appalachian mountains all the time."

"The view is incredible." Alex continued to gaze at the horizon. "Thank you."

"You're more than welcome, Alex."

The two stood there in comfortable silence, taking in the breeze, the sights, the sounds.....of Alex's communicator.

"Why did I have to be on call tonight of all nights?" Alex groaned loudly, taking out her communicator.

"I-I'm so sorry. I have to go. Someone's hurt in engineering."

Bones looked at her solemnly, hurt in his eyes. "Let me walk you out."

She nodded and the two made their way back out the door. Alex didn't want to leave him like this, but she didn't have a choice.

"I guess I'll see you on shift." Bones shrugged, clearly thinking about something as they re-entered the halls of the Enterprise.

"Yeah... see you then." Alex rested a hand on his forearm, wanting to say something more to him, but she sighed and rushed to engineering. The trek wasn't terribly far from the holodeck, so she picked up one of the medical kits that was stationed at every corner of the ship.

She rushed to the downstairs floor of engineering and looked around for someone to give her directions, when a younger man jogging towards her caught her eye.

"Doctor Watterson! Follow me!"

Alex followed the young Ensign to where the said injured person was, but she was stopped in her tracks by a bright white light directly in front of her, causing her to stumble backwards and off her feet. It began swirling in front of her.

Someone was beaming onto the ship.

She shielded her eyes from the light, then gasping at the person standing in front of her.

"Jim!" Alex shrieked. "We're at warp! How the hell-"

"Scotty. He's a smart engineer that helped me beam here." Jim turned to the coolant tank, and to both of their horror, a man was stuck in there.

"Mr. Scott!" Jim cried. Scott was sucked through the tubing away from them. They chased him around the tubing, helpless as to figuring out how they were going to get him out of there. When the tubes directed him up towards the tank stirrer, thats when they both panicked.

"He's going to be shredded!" Alex screamed.

Jim's eyes darted from the tank to Scott, and back again, to the pipe right before the tank. He bolted straight for a control board, Alex hot on his heels. He scrambled to open the hatch and Scott fell through the open door, splashing on the ground in a heap as gallons of coolant water fell with him.

"Who the hell are you?" Alex folded her arms in front of the man, who coughed and spluttered, struggling to stand up.

"Scotty, are you all right?" Jim kneeled down to him.

Scotty spit out water and stood up. "Aye."

"Another Scottish engineer?" Alex asked. Neither one of them answered because they had taken off running to god knows where. She followed them as fast as she could running up and down metal staircases, steering her way around machinery. All three of them skidded to a stop when a group of red shirted security men stepped in front of them, phasers hot. Alex turned around and another group was also behind them.

One of the security men stepped towards Jim personally.

"Come with me, cupcake."

Oh shit whaddup

Jim's back and already in huge trouble😂😂😂

OH

IM GONNA START UPDATING ON WEDNESDAYS NOW TOO

Be sure to comment, vote, share, and follow me for more updates from this story!! Xoxox.

~AB~