thirty-five

"It's the end of the world as we know it

"It's the end of the world as we know it."

First, she felt the pod crash on the ground.

Second, she was able to smell the smoke coming from the outside of her pod.

Third, she tasted blood running down the bridge of her nose and to her tongue. Which she had bitten down on.

Fourth, she heard the door to the pod shoot off its hinges and away from the capsule. She also heard a loud ringing in her ears.

Fifth, she cracked her eyes open to see green. A forest surrounded her. She saw sun peak through the cracks of the treetops.

"I'm alive. Good." She slowly climbed out of the pod, grimacing from the pain in her shoulder and the gash on her head.

Alex took a couple seconds to gain a sense of balance again before digging out the survival suit that came with the pod. She changed her clothes piece by piece, zipping herself up in the blue suit, and buckling the belt securing the phaser holster, a communicator, and anything else she needed.

She heard a faint yelling in the distance and immediately took off running, becoming more hopeful about her surroundings. She climbed her way up to the top of the hill, seeing the faces of Chekov, Jim, and Kalara just getting out of their own pods.

"YOU BITCH!" Alex completely disregarded Jim and Chekov and charged right at Kalara.

Kalara raised her phaser in self defense but Alex was a lot stronger. Alex knocked the weapon right out of her hand and grabbed the Alien by the neck, slamming her up against the nearest tree. "You don't understand!"

"You knew we were going to be attacked! You knew we would end up crash landing on this goforsaken planet! And now almost our entire crew is dead!"

"ALEX!" Jim roared, arming his phaser.

"Keptin Kirk!" Chekov caught up with both of them, stutter-stepping towards Jim.

Alex let go of Kalara's throat, letting her talk.

"Yes. I lied. Our ship was attacked."

"Chekov, check the comms for survivors." Jim raised his phaser to Kalara.

"A-aye Captain."

"Who is he?"

"His name is Krall. He took my crew, just like yours."