four

"Sweet dreams are made of thisWho am I to disagree?"

Who am I to disagree?"

Alex rushed her way out of her microbiology class, hunger clawing at the insides of her stomach. She helped herself to a chicken salad and more coffee and found a spot towards the door she entered the mess hall in.

"I would have expected you to be with Christine, sis." Jim found Alex, and climbed over the seat to sit next to her.

"Her break isn't for another hour." Alex answered with a mouth full of her salad. "How is your day going?"

"It's surprisingly boring today. Other than the fact that some hot chick was flirting with one of the commanding officers in my linguistics class, uneventful. Is this what college was supposed to be like?"

Alex snorted. "Hell if I know. Neither of us went."

Alex glanced around the area, taking in all the sights of her fellow cadets and some officers. On the other side of the hall, there was a girl with a neat, blonde bob standing over a guy, who was clearly smitten by his body language. Alex's eyes darted to the corner of the area and noticed another girl, a redhead, eyeing them with anger and suspicion. As the blonde girl walked away, the redhead stood up and walked towards him.

"Dude. Dude. Dude. Jim. You've gotta see this. Dude. Jim." Alex prodded and smacked Jim's shoulder multiple times as she watched the scene across the mess hall unfold.

"What?!" He snapped, swatting her hand away. Alex turned Jim's head in the direction she was looking. "Oh shit." Jim's mouth dropped to the floor as the girl began to chew out the guy.

The two step siblings stared in shock as both of their voices began to get louder, and more people began to watch what was going on.

"Join Starfleet, get a boyfriend, watch hot blondes throw themselves at him." Alex rambled on.

Jim turned to Alex as the couple finally took it outside. "Well, I personally think that everyone here is getting a little horny after being here for a few months."

"Including yourself?" Alex asked.

Jim shrugged. "Yeah. A little. You?"

"Only with alcohol." Alex rolled her eyes. "Why are we talking about this again?"

"You kind of brought it up."

"No I didn't." Alex began chugging her coffee.

"Yes you did."

"No I didn't.

"Sure did."

"Y'all are a couple of 5 year olds"

The two snapped their heads to see Bones sitting in front of them. "Uh, hi? Yeah. What the hell are you two arguing about?"

"I'm pretty sure I just saw Carol Wallace break up someone's relationship." Alex answered as quickly as possible.

"Again?" Bones exclaimed. "That woman is a triple threat. She's smart, hot, and-"

"A whore." Jim finished Bones' sentence and glanced over to find her sitting by herself, doing something on her PADD.

"Most of the women here are." Bones glanced over to her as well

Alex's eyes shot daggers at her friend. "Excuse me?"

Bones glared back at her. "I said MOST of them, darlin'. Not all of them."

Alex rolled her eyes and focused on her food. "You're charming."

--

Almost way too many hours later, Alex and M'Benga found themselves in an empty medbay, and they were both laid out on biobeds, trying to stay awake before their shift ended.

"You want to go get something to eat?" M'Benga asked.

Alex shifted to her side. "I would, but this bed is getting surprisingly comfortable."

"Well, you're not wrong about that." He stretched his arms out and put them behind his head.

Alex relaxed back into the pillow. "It's hard to believe that our first semester is coming to an end already."

"Time flies when you're having fun."

Before Alex could reply, Bones burst into the room with narrowed eyes.

"Hey, have y'all seen a bunch of hypos with random things in them, Dr. Puri sent me here to find them." Bones looked like a combination of frightened and pissed the hell off.

"What...? M'Benga asked. Alex hopped off the bed and began to search the table in the middle of the room.

"It's Doctor Puri. Who the hell knows?"

"Were you looking for these?" Alex popped out from behind the table and held up a handful of hypos and slammed them on the surface. "Adrenaline, Dopamine, some weird green thing from god knows where, triglycerides, some type AB blood, and some stem cells."

"You said Dr. Puri needed these?" M'Benga asked Bones, an eyebrow rising.

Bones rolled his eyes. "That's exactly what I said."

"For what, again?" Alex asked suspiciously.

"Hell if I know. I don't care. It's late, and the old man keeps bugging me about things he left around in the lab." Bones rambled on. "Our shift is over anyway. You two look awful."

"Your southern charm is repulsive." M'Benga rasped, leaving Alex and Bones to themselves in the medbay.

"He invited me to go get food, but I guess that's not happening anymore." Alex shrugged. "You want to go?" She looked up at the man in front of her.

"If you want to, I'll go."

"Good, cause I'm hungry."

Once again, so everyone knows, this book is updated every Sunday EST :))))

Be sure to comment, vote, share, and follow me for more updates from this story!! Xoxox.

~AB~