thirteen

"I want to get away, I want to fly away

"I want to get away, I want to fly away."

Out of sheer panic, Alex, Jim and Spock all whipped out their phasers and began firing at the incoming Romulans. They jumped past consoles, dodging enemy fire. All three of them fired back at the incoming blasts, ducking and covering each other as they took turns firing. The three took cover and fired at everything coming their way.

"Ayel!"

They all snapped their heads forward as they saw two Romulans heading for what might have been the Narada's bridge. Alex and Jim fired at both of them, and one got away while the other went down. Spock kneeled down to the two of them.

"I'll cover you." Jim whispered.

"Are you sure?" Spock asked.

"I got you."

Both Jim and Alex set their phasers to kill as Spock stealthily made his way over to the unconscious Romulan and pressed his fingers to its face to perform a mind meld. Jim and Alex stood up and followed Spock. Alex shot an incoming Romulan and Jim kneeled down to Spock for answers.

"Did you find it?" Jim asked. The black hole device?"

"And Captain Pike." Spock answered sternly."

"He's alive?" Alex exclaimed, earning shushes from both of them. She chased them both down as Spock clearly knew something they didn't. Spock ran right on board the lone ship in the bay and the other two followed right in, checking to make sure they weren't seen.

"I foresee a complication. The design of this ship is far more advanced than I anticipated." Spock studied the technical aspects of the ship.

"Voice print and face recognition activated. Welcome back ambassador Spock." An overhead comm system was activated.

"Wow, that's weird." Jim shrugged it off like it was nothing, heading towards the cockpit of the ship.

"Computer. What is your manufacturing origin?" Spock asked.

"Stardate 2387. Commissioned by the Vulcan Science Academy."

Spock and Alex glanced at each other for a second before going to find Jim, who was observing the cockpit.

"It appears that you have been keeping important information from me." Spock snapped immediately.

"You'll be able to fly this thing, right?" Jim stood face to face with him.

"Something tells me I already have."