thirty

"It was always you

"It was always you.
Now I know why my heart wasn't satisfied."

"Wait up!" Alex groaned at Bones as she tried to follow him through the woods. Her now smaller brace was sliding down her knee, and needed to stop, but also needed to keep up with him.

"We're almost there!" Bones looked up to the peak of the mountain, where there was an overhang that looked over the valley.

Alex reached out to grab his hand and Bones helped her the rest of the way up. The trees opened up the area and and the sky shone bright as they stepped on to the scenic overhang.

"Damn." Alex smiled, letting her arms hang loose and allowed the wind to surround her.

"There's nothing really like it." Bones put his hands on his hips and marveled at the sights around him. "Nothing faked or animated this time."

"It was sweet of you to do that for me in the holo deck though." Alex shrugged. "But this. Actually being here, it's absolutely wonderful."

Both of them were at a loss for words. Blowing Rock was everything Alex thought it would be and then some, but Bones on the other hand, he was thinking about something completely different. And it was starting to make him extremely nervous. Alex was beginning to notice and she took his hand in consideration.

"What's the matter, Len?"

Bones shook his head, cursing himself for not preparing something better. "I never really considered myself to be 'good' at the whole relationship thing."

"That makes two of us." Alex shrugged.

"But now that I think about it, we're doing a pretty damn good job." Bones entwined their hands as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Yeah, you're right."

"When I first met you...Jesus. I was in an awful place. Seeing you quite literally set my world on fire. Our academy days were nothing short of eventful, between you and Jim getting into your antics, to our long days and nights in class and our evening shift in the medbay. But I think I really began to fall in love with you the hangover day after we hooked up in your room."

"I was worried you were going to say that." Alex snorted. "I barely remember that day at all."

"You're cute when you're mad though. I did learn that the hard way." He prodded at her stomach with his fingers, causing Alex to squirm in his arms.

"I was NOT happy that you made me limp for the entire day after that." Alex scolded, but with a smile on her face.

"Yeah...sorry about that." Bones gritted his teeth. "I felt bad about it all. But look on the bright side, here we are now."

"Here we are now." Alex felt him shift behind her, still holding on to her left hand. She turned around to face him, and saw that he had gotten down on one knee.

"Oh my god..." Her free hand covered her mouth as she gasped. "Are you serious?"

"Alexandra, I thought I knew what love was before, but I never truly did until I met you. From seeing me at my worst, to working with you by my side every day of the week, I can't ever get enough of you. I love seeing you get up and do what you love every day. I love how even the littlest things you do make me fall more in love with you every day. And I love how no matter what happens, you always find a reason to laugh, or to smile. You give me every reason to be happy. And I never want to lose you, or this love."

Alex didn't realize she was crying until he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box and opened it, revealing a beautiful ring, the same one he had shown Jim without her knowledge.

"Alexandra Leanne Watterson, will you marry me?"

She choked back a sob, almost laughing at the sound she made. Alex frantically shook her head yes, trying to find the words to say.

"Yes. Yes I will."

As soon as Bones slipped the ring on her finger, Alex threw her arms around his neck and he picked her right up, spinning her around.

Bones gently set her down, but keeping her flush to his chest Alex pressed her forehead to his, grinning like a maniac.

"I love you so much." Bones pressed his lips to hers, and she eagerly kissed him back. Alex could finally say she was truly happy, and that nothing else was going to top today.

Except for maybe their wedding day.

"I love you more." She whispered against his lips, playing with the strands of hair at the nape of his neck.

Much to Alex's surprise, Bones moved one arm to her shoulders and dipped her down, causing her to squeal, and making Bones laugh.

"I'm willing to bet on that."

OH MY GOD HE DID IT HE DID THE THING

If you need a visual on the ring this is what I was thinking of down below

One more chapter left in part two!!!

Be sure to comment, vote, share, and follow me for more updates from this story!! Xoxox.

~AB~