twelve

"Simple things, but one thing's clear, it's fate that brought us here

"Simple things, but one thing's clear, it's fate that brought us here."

"Let me go!" Alex screamed for the seventh time at the security men. 

"Gentlemen, let Doctor Watterson go, she was not involved in Mr. Kirk's return" Spock stood up from the Captain's chair. Alex shoved them off of her, while the other four dragged Jim and Scotty to Spock.

"We are traveling at warp speed. How did you manage to beam aboard this ship?"

"Hey, you're the genius." Jim scoffed. "You figure it out."

"As acting captain of this vessel, I order you to answer the question." Spock snapped.

"Well, I'm not telling, 'Acting Captain.'" Jim almost laughed, looking all around the bridge. "What, did...?" He chuckled to himself. "What, now, that doesn't frustrate you, does it? My lack of cooperation? That-that doesn't make you angry..."

Spock disregarded Jim and turned to Scotty. "Are you a member of Starfleet?"

"I, um, yes. Can I get a towel, please?" He stuttered.

"Under penalty of court martial, I order you to explain to me how you were able to beam aboard this ship while moving at warp."

"Well..."

"Don't answer him." Jim ordered.

"You will answer me."

"I'd rather not take sides." Scotty stepped away from Spock and Jim.

Bones eyed Alex nervously from across the bridge, which she returned for a split second.

Jim boldly stepped forward and got in his face."Now, what is it with you, Spock? Hm? Your planet was just destroyed, your mother murdered, and you're not even upset!"

"If you are presuming that these experiences in any way impede my ability to command this ship, you are mistaken." Spock narrowed his eyes.

"And yet you were the one who said fear was necessary for command. I mean, did you see his ship? Did you see what he did?"

"Yes, of course I did." Spock turned away.

"So are you afraid or aren't you?" Jim taunted.

"I will not allow you to lecture me about the merits of emotion."

"Then why don't you stop me?"

"Step away from me, Mister Kirk."

" What is it like not to feel anger... or heartbreak... or the need to stop at nothing to avenge the death of the woman who gave birth to you?"

"Back away from me." Spock confronted him and the two were dangerously close together.

" You feel NOTHING! It must not even COMPUTE for you! You NEVER loved her!"