nineteen

"I'm a space bound rocket ship and your heart's the moon, and I'm aiming right at you

"I'm a space bound rocket ship and your heart's the moon, and I'm aiming right at you."

Alex didn't realize she had dosed off on one of the beds until she heard Christine and Bones laughing loudly at god knows what.

"Are we at Kronos yet?" She saw up and propped herself up on her elbows.

"We're close." Christine turned to her as Alex sat up entirely and slipped off the bed.

"M'kay." Alex rubbed her eyes and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Bones asked.

"To the bridge."

"Why?"

"To tell Jim that I want to be on the away team with him." Alex folded her arms neatly behind her back.

Bones took two steps forward. "Do you seriously want to go out into enemy planet, and possibly get yourself killed?"

"I don't, but I'm going to." She shrugged.

Bones folded his arms. "Were you going to plan on telling me you were going?"

"Yeah. Now. I'm going on the away mission." Alex turned away to leave the medbay before anyone else could intervene in their conversation.

"It's a manhunt, Alex!"

"Give me a break! I just slept for 4 hours!" Alex rolled her eyes and continued her venture to the bridge. She rode the turbolift up and when the door opened, Jim was already looking that direction. Alex padded her way to him, joining him by his side.

"What's up, Alex?" Jim turned his full attention to her., his own demeanor changing when he noticed her expression.

"I want to be on the away team with you." Alex pursed her lips and her eyes softened meekly.

Jim smiled softly and stood up from his chair. "I was just about to ask you that. You can. Have a seat." He motioned to his chair.

Alex tipped her chin up in stunned silence.

"I'm serious. Sit down."

She shook her head and plopped down in the Captain's chair.

"It's comfortable."

The entire ship jerked and Alex was thrown out of the chair, landing on top of Jim, who had been thrown against the ship control board. She stood up, supporting herself on Jim's back as he looked to Sulu to see what was going on.

"Engineering manually dropped us out of warp, sir."

"Mr. Chekov, did you break my ship?" Jim rolled his eyes and Alex straightened up.

"What's he doing down there?"

"He's replaced Mr. Scott as Chief Engineer." Sulu replied.

"Well where's Scotty?"

"Resigned."

Alex was left to her senses and to decipher what happened when Chekov replied to Jim.

"Sorry, sir! I don't know vhat happened! Ze core owerheated and I had to make an emergency stop. It must be a coolant leak and I need time to find it. I'm sorry Keptin!"

Alex groaned and turned around to see Bones standing near Spock's empty post and an angry Uhura standing next to hers.

"Mr. Sulu, time to our destination?" Jim asked the helmsman.

"20 minutes sir, but that's 20 minutes in enemy space that we weren't counting on." Sulu shook his head.

"Better hop to it." Jim turned around. "Where's Spock?"

"Right here, Captain." The Vulcan entered the bridge.

"You're coming with me to Kronos. Lieutenant, how's your Klingon?"

"Rusty, but it's good." Uhura nodded.

"You're coming too. This isn't going to be a problem is it? You two working together?" Jim stepped forward and Alex raised an eyebrow.

'Are they fighting?' She asked to herself.

"Absolutely not." Uhura lowered her eyebrows and gave Spock a stern look before exiting the bridge. Jim pushed Alex along towards the doors to the halls.

"Unclear." Spock answered, slightly frightened.

"Meet me at the shuttle bay."

--

Alex had slipped on a long sleeved Henley and tight black jeans before she left to go to the shuttle bay. There was a small knife pinned to her belt that she had kept since she was a teenager.

Tensions seemed to be brewing all around the ship. Her own even. She knew both her and Bones had their tempers short out because of the tension in the air. Many crew members were probably extremely nervous, and as Alex walked down the halls to the shuttle Bay, she could practically feel the animosity.

Her eyes moved forward as she neared the bay and saw Bones leaned up against the wall outside the entrance patiently, holding her own medical kit and a very familiar shirt.

Alex smiled softly as she caught Bones' attention. He sighed and straightened up, meeting her in the middle. When he did, Alex wasted no time getting a kiss from him. She threw her arms around his neck and he steadied himself while hugging his arms around her waist, picking her up off her feet just slightly.

He set her down and broke off the kiss to wrap his flannel around her shoulders. "You might need these."

Alex looked back up at him, grabbing a hold of her kit. "Thank you."

"You be safe out there, okay? Keep an eye on your brother and don't do anything stupid."

I love you, Leonard."

"Be safe. I love you too." Bones cradled her face and kissed her forehead and gave her a wink before heading back to work.

She stared at the wall and sighed.

"I am so screwed."

Shortish, but I think we all know what's coming next 😬

Be sure to comment, vote, share, and follow me for more updates from this story!! Xoxox.

~AB~