Sting x Reader | Cendrillon | AU

Requested by
MorganCook7

Set in another universe, where Sting is the heir to the Kingdom of Sabertooth, one who has done numerous horrible things to the people. Fairy Tail is an outcasted group, whose aim is to overthrow royalty. I know, cliche. If u haven't noticed, I love fairy tales and fairy tail.

WARNING: A long and possibly depressing chapter awaits you. Proceed with caution.

『 Cendrillon 』

Though I'm dancing in a dream,
Nothing is as quite as it seems,
Everything will disappear at midnight's chime...
Fingers calling me away,
There's no room to be afraid,
Down the winding staircase I take three steps at a time...

Taking a breath in, I carefully concealed the Fairy Tail mark on my [Body part]. If I was caught with it, I'll surely be hanged.

Beyond the windows of my carriage, the ever so extravagant palace of Sabertooth came into my view. There was countless servants and staff welcoming each carriage, prepared to wait on each noble who came to attend the ball.

The king was hosting a ball tonight in celebration for finally winning the long fought battle for dominance over the war that placed Sabertooth in a advantageous position.

In all of my life, I had never imagined that I could dress up and attend such a beautiful ball. My younger self would have been overjoyed to have a chance to attend. In this kingdom, to dance in those blinding, golden lights and to catch the eye of a prince was every girl's dream.

Even now, it still felt so surreal that I could exist in this moment amongst the nobles born with a silver spoon and etherally beautiful faces. The breathtaking dress that completely overshadowed me, the makeup that hid my true face, it was as if they would all disappear at midnight.

And yet, seeing the bright golden lights made my stomach churn.

I did not fit into this picturesque scene, for my appearance was only artificial. My blood ran not the blue of nobility, but the red of commoners.

Tonight, all nobles were invited and it was said that the imperial family themselves would participate. It was the perfect chance to rid the world of these dictators. My mission tonight was the first prince, Prince Sting.

Those childish dreams of finding true love and becoming princess have long been buried deep in my heart.

I only had one purpose tonight.

Stepping down the winding staircase, my long skirt trailed behind me. There was no room for fear nor failure tonight.

Beyond the carriage door,
I saw you trembling...
Won't you please set aside the burdens of life and come with me?
To the dance?

Finding myself standing on the side of the enormous ballroom, watching all beautiful young ladies who gushed about finding their fated lovers was to be expected. This love story was not mine to star in, for despite my appearances matching theirs, I lacked a certain elegance that princesses always seemed to have.