Laxus X Reader | Ghost

Requested by korjap13

Ahahahha I've been reading too many headcanons and I love some of them so much ^^. So I have taken it upon myself from this day forward to keep making those headcanons reappear in my stories :D. (This was kinda a bad execution so sorryyyyy)

Oh, BTW this is set a few months before the start of the anime and the reader will have illusion magic (sorta) because... Plot. Enjoy! (no I shan't succumb to pressure and make a part 2)

[Not Edited]

『  Ghost  』

His sadness in the smiles he shows to everyone else is clear as day to me. They say time heals all wounds; I sincerely hope that this is true.

When I watch them from afar, I miss them so much. The impulse to run towards them and tell them what I had really done gets more and more difficult to fight by the day. But I know I can't. I cannot place them in danger, I cannot subject them to even more pain.

For despite the fact that I have a body, I am a ghost and a ghost I will be until my death. 

➳➳➳ 

Another peaceful day passed in Fairy Tail, with not a single major outburst from the members. No one could believe the peacefulness of that day.

Amongst that calm feeling of the guild, a [Hair Colour] haired girl skipped up the steps to the second floor with a content smile on her face. Along the way, she passed by the three members of the Thunder Legion and waved as she did. All three of them paused in their conversation to wave back. 

When she finally reached the table where the Lightning Dragon Slayer sat, she carefully set the paper bag down in front of him. Laxus barely noticed with his headphones and she had to tap his shoulder in order to get his attention.

"Coffee cake," she explained brightly, taking care to enunciate her words for him to lip read. He nodded in understanding, muttering a thanks before opening it. "You seemed tired so I went out to buy a slice for you. Hope you're not mad."

Laxus barely took any time to register her words and scoffed lightly,  taking the fork in his hand. "Why in the world would I get mad for this?"

"No idea, but I'm going to get a smoothie. Would you like something?"

But it seemed that he didn't notice her question, for he had already started eating. She smiled fondly before heading back down to the bar.

"My regular please," [Name] asked the white-haired girl who was already in the middle of making the drink.

"So, how has it been going with your family?" Mira prompted.

"Fine fine as usual," the other girl answered with a dismissive smile, waving her hand for extra effect. The ghost of a frown touched her lips as Mira turned away. 

"Hold on, do they even know that you're dating him?" she suddenly asked with concern. 

"They don't really care about what I do," [Name] easily assured her with a slightly averted gaze. 

"How nice that they let you do what you want," Mira nodded with a content smile, placing the glass in front of [Name].

"Right? I'm grateful. Well then, I'm going back up,"