Laxus x Mute! Shy! Reader | Fragments of the Past

Requested by
Winter_senpai

Do not ask me why I wrote so much for the backstory. I just did because it seemed like a great idea at the time and I was too stubborn to let the idea go because I spent so long thinking of it.

Sorry that I didn't exactly make the reader shy, I'm sure this isn't what you expected but hey... it's different right? Heh... I'm sorry... really sorry...

[Not Edited]

~~~ Start ~~~

Years ago, there was little girl who lead a life of misery. She spent her life in a cell, only ever being able to see the stars and the moonlight through the bars of her jail.

She wasn't considered a human, only ever an object that they could replace when she broke. She was used as an experiment, to test if it was possible to achieve immortality.

There were many other children there, but they all disappeared within a few months after they were brought in. All presumably died and were easily replaced.

The scientists there were cruel and showed no mercy towards any of the experiments as they were injected with different types of liquid. All hazardous. All of them caused unimaginable and unbearable pain.

All of the children there dreaded the daylight, for with the dawn, came torture to them. Would they be forced into that machine? Would they be injected with what was essentially poison? Or worse of all, would they be cut open and have foreign things placed in their bodies?

You see, to the children that were being use as experiments, death was a saviour. It was freedom. If they died, then it meant that the gods took mercy upon them.

Every night, those who couldn't fall asleep would cry in fear of the next day. They would scream in pain from that day's torture. They would pray to be free of this torment, to be relieved of the suffering.

[Name] would be able to hear their terrifying screams of agony during the night. Every night, she would wish on the stars. She would wish for all the misery to end.

One night, as she stared out of her cell window looking at the stars that blinked down on her, she spotted a shooting star.

Without a moment's hesitation, she made a wish upon the shooting star. She had heard from her past cellmate that wishing upon a shooting star would make the wish come true.

"I wish that I can break free of this place... I wish that I help all of the other children... Take my voice, my sight, my life, I don't care... Just please... I want to be free..." she begged, tears streaming down her cheeks as her body started to shake.

A girl that was only a child, who wished not for herself from the bottom of her heart. She wished for the happiness of others, unlike so many others that came before her.

Perhaps the gods felt merciful that night, for [Name] found herself to able to use magic. She could suddenly hear all the wishes of the other children. All of their heart's desires.

Something inside her stirred and an explosion happened that night, killing the majority of people in that area. The Magic Council was notified and appeared within moments to see the cause.

On sight, they found a little girl, silently crying as she sat in the midst of the explosion. They found the evidence of illegal experimentation and those remaining scientists who survived the explosion were arrested.