Natsu x Gray's Sister! Reader | Oblivious and Overprotective | Part 4

Requested by
GoddessAtheena

『 Oblivious and Overprotective 』

After over two years of dating, much to Gray's dismay and Mira's delight, it seemed that the overprotective side of Gray still did not dim the slightest bit.

It seemed to become even more common for Gray and Natsu to fight and bicker. [Name] was often the one to separate the two, since they would listen to almost no one else.

Well... Erza and Mira don't truely count.

Today was just an ordinary day, which meant that Gray and Natsu were fighting over [Name] again, among other things.

"You Ice Perv! You're just jealous because [Name] likes me more"

"I'm her brother, she obviously would chose family over you Fire Breath!"

[Name] sighed, sitting at the bar while sipping on her drink. Frustrated, she ran a hand through her hair.

"Something the matter [Name]?" Mira asked, appearing in front of the girl as she attempted to block out the bickering of the two boys.

[Name] didn't directly reply and only pointed to the two boys who were destroying the part of the guild that they were in. Mira smiled at the sight.

"They sure are unique"

"That is too true" [Name] smiled slightly, looking back at them.

"How long have you two been dating?"

"Two years, I thought that you would know that?" [Name] asked, expressing her confusion.

"You know, it's the ideal time for proposal, what do you say?" Mira asked, seemingly innocently wiping a glass clean.

"It frightens me. I think it's still too early" [Name] said twirling the straw of her drink.

"Do you?" Mira asked, looking at her out the corner her eye. An almost disappointed gaze.

Before [Name] could ask why Mira would bring up such a subject, a warm arm swung around her shoulder. She could see locks of pink hair.

"Come on [Name], lets go to the cafe you wanted to go to last time"

[Name] could almost hear the smile on Natsu's face. She placed her empty glass on the counter.

"Thanks Mira, I'll see you later"

"Have fun!!" Mira waved, smiling widely. She, for some reason seemed even more excited and ecstatic than usual to [Name].

[Name] tilted her head in confusion but followed Natsu out of the door anyway, watching as Gray laid on the floor, looking as though he was badly beaten up.

Natsu's left arm remained around her shoulders as they walked to the cafe. His right hand stayed in his pocket the whole time, as though something important was there.

➳➳➳

[Name] gazed out the window, watching as children ran around, chasing each other without a care in the world. Natsu watched her as she did, continuing to eat his cake.

"Are you going to eat that?" he asked after finishing his cake, rubbing the crumbs from his mouth with his sleeve.

"Hey! This is mine, you don't get to eat it" [Name] took the sundae, pulling it towards her and out of Natsu's reach.