Gray x Reader | Baking

Requested by
mikkisylveon

I'm not sure how to do these cute scenarios... um... I'm more of a horror... drama... person. (*cough*cough*In other words, I can't write cute stuff*)

Hope you like anyways!

[Not Edited]

~~~ Start ~~~

[Name] stood in her kitchen in the apartment she shared with Gray. She flipped through the book, trying to find the recipe again.

"Found it!" She smiled to herself, propping the book on a small stand.

She started to organise the bench, taking the ingredients out, along with the equipment.

She tied a plain, [Favourite Colour] apron on herself, washing her hands. She concentrated on what she was doing, making sure that everything was perfect.

After a while, she placed the cake in the fridge, glad she finished it before her boyfriend woke up. She wiped her forehead with her forearm, washing her hands once again.

Her eyes became stars as she quickly flipped to the page she had previously bookmarked. She clapped her hands, seeing [Favourite Cupcake] in the picture on the recipe.

She immediately started to work, wanting to finish and eat the cupcakes.

"What are you doing?" She almost jumped, feeling two cold arms wrap around her waist just as she started mixing the dry and wet ingredients.

"I'm making [Favourite Cupcakes] Of course" [Name] smiled, feeling his hair tickle her cheek.

"You making some for me?" Gray asked, nestling his face on her neck.

"Nope! But if you help me, I'll consider it" [Name] smiled, starting to mix the ingredients together.

"Nah, I'll just watch then" Gray kissed her cheek, stepping back and sitting opposite [Name].

"No cupcakes for you then" [Name] giggled. "More for me"

Gray watched fondly as [Name] poured the mixture into cupcake moulds, gazing at the smile on her face.

She opened the oven door, taking the oven gloves and placing the tray in the oven. [Name] then started to make the icing, licking the spoon. She smiled, pouring it in a icing bag.

"Hey, [Name]" Gray spoke up, making her look up. He mentioned for her to lean over, which she did.

"Do you need something?" [Name] asked, wondering what Gray needed.

He leaned in, causing [Name] to blush. He smiled, noticing the blush and leaned closer to her, wiping some of the icing off her cheek.

"Had some icing there" he grinned, leaning back, seeing the heavy blush across her cheek, despite the fact that the two have been dating for two years.

She pouted, crossing her arms and leaning back. She threw a small handful of flour at Gray, who glared at [Name] with flour on his hair. She stuck her tongue out and ducked the flour thrown at her.

She took the bag of flour away, packing up the ingredients, hearing the timer go off.

(Don't ask me why that only took like five minutes. ITS MAGIC OKAY?! There's flying cats in this anime. You can't say anything)

She clapped her hands, checking the cupcakes, seeing that they were ready. She grabbed her ovens mitts, placing the tray on the stove.

[Name] went to grab a cupcake, wanting to add the icing and eat it. She hissed, clutching her finger upon touching the hot cupcake. 

"Well, looks like you'll be waiting a while" Gray chuckled, leaning his head on his arm. [Name] glared back at Gray.

"Can you cool these down?" She asked, tilting her head, blinking faster.

"Sorry Snowflake, you'll have to pay for it"

"Pretty please?"

"Not a chance" he smirked, causing [Name] to look down. "You'll just have to wait it out"

"What do you want in return?" [Name] asked, crossing her fingers behind her back. He mentioned for her to come closer to him.

"A kiss"

[Name] pouted, walking over. She leaned down, kissing Gray's cheek.

"Right! Now you can cool down my cupcakes!" [Name] smiled, turning around.

Gray grabbed [Name]'s hand, pulling the girl towards him. He smirked before stealing a kiss from the girl, who blushed and kissed back.

The two pulled away soon enough and [Name] blushed, turning away and checking the cupcakes which were still in the pan, cooled down.

"T-Thanks" she stuttered, concentrating on finishing the cupcakes.

"What are they for?" Gray asked, hinting something.

"Me!" [Name] looked up to meet Gray's gaze and smiled. "I just wanted to have some cupcakes! Though I promised Erza that I would bring her some of them too"

"Today seems special doesn't it?" Gray sighed, leaning back.

"Yeah! But I can't remember what it was" [Name] told the boy looking down and hiding a smile.

In truth, she knew what day it was, Gray's birthday. The whole guild was holding a party, an excuse to get drunk. She was told by Mira that she had to keep Gray away from the guild until someone contacted her.

"When are we going to the guild?" Gray asked, hiding the sad tone in his voice. But [Name] knew better.

"I was thinking we could stay away from the guild for the day?" [Name] asked, smiling. "I have a bit of a headache, I'm scared it'll get worse. We can go later on, if you want, or you can go by yourself and give Erza the cupcakes?"

"I'll wait to go later" Gray muttered, averting his gaze.

"Finished!" [Name] felt almost proud of herself. A bunch of cupcakes sat in front of her and Gray silently admired her smiling features. "You don't get one"

She reminded him, placing half of them in a box and setting them aside for Erza. She took a cupcake out, biting into it, some crumbs on her face which she wiped away with the back of her hand.

She took one look at Gray, who had a frown on his face as he stared at nothing.

"Fine, one bite" she knew that he was sad that she didn't say happy birthday to him. However, she didn't feel like dying at the hands of Mira for ruining everything. "Are you alright, Gray?"

"Perfectly fine" he told her, giving her a smile.

"Great! You can put your shirt on then!" She walked over, throwing a shirt at him and passing the cupcake to him. She kissed his cheek. 

"What? When did that happen?!" Gray exclaimed, causing [Name] to giggle.

She was happy and really wanted to surprise her boyfriend today. She had already handed her beautifully wrapped present to Mira so that Gray didn't find out.

She was so glad that she had found Fairy Tail, that she had Gray in her life.

~~~ End ~~~