Freed x Lucy's Sister! Reader | Not like Others | Part 3

Requested by
 ChatNoirLoverGirl54

『 Not Like Others 』

Eventually, since the trip was quite long, [Name] fell asleep along the way. Her head leaned against the window, hair falling on her face.

She entered a dream, a nightmare.

But it wasn't even that. It was a memory from the past, a memory that haunts her.

Of course it haunts her. Why wouldn't it? 

To have memories of being locked in a cellar at only the age of around 7, who wouldn't have nightmares of that?

The memories of a dark place with almost no light whatsoever still send shivers down her spine.

It was dark. No light whatsoever. The ground was wet. Disgusting. It was so vivid and felt so real.

She felt as though she was back in that horrid place once more. Just like back then, when she was stuck there for almost an entire year.

After she slept for a while, Freed started noticing that she was shaking slightly. Her breathing was growing more and more heavily, like So was running a marathon.

He concluded that she must have had a nightmare of some sort. He contemplated whether he should wake her up or not.

"[Name]" Freed gently called her name, but it only resulted in her grimacing slightly, as though afraid.

"[Name]" Freed called, louder this time. He placed a hand on her arm, shaking her awake.

[Name] winced, waking up and rubbing one eye.

"Are you alright?" Freed asked, concerned for the girl. "You looked like you were having a nightmare"

[Name] blinked in confusion before nodding slightly. She looked out of the window, staring as everything flew past.

"I'm fine" she whispered in a voice void of all emotion.

She seemed like a completely different person.

"Are you certain?" Freed wasn't so sure. [Name] only nodded, without saying anything else. Freed instantly could tell that she didn't want to talk about it.

The ride was silent for the rest of the way. None of them spoke a word to each other.

The atmosphere changed in an instant, with [Name] glancing out the window with her eyes almost glazed over.

It was as though she was in a different place. Thinking about a terrible event that's happened to her.

Only when they arrived in Magnolia did she return to her normal self.

"Sorry you had to see that Freed" [Name] smiled at him, apologising.

"It's perfectly alright" Freed assured her, although he still wondered what it was that made her act this oddly.

"You're wondering what type of a nightmare I had to make me seem like a different person right? I'll tell you someday" [Name] said. 

"You don't have to if you don't wish to" Freed told her. 

"It's fine, I trust--" [Name] cut herself off as she looked at the building in front of her. "Woah... this is the Fairy Tail building..."

"The building's been rebuilt and fixed quite a few times. That's why there's a bit of the roof missing from where Natsu was hit out of the guild" Freed commented.

"Sounds about right to me" [Name] said, looking at the tall building.

Freed opened the doors for her, revealing a fight that was currently going on in the guild.

The two of them slipped inside, unnoticed by many. But of course, Mira had noticed. Especially since Freed was with an unfamiliar girl.

The white haired immediately beckoned Freed over to the bar and he had complied, [Name] followed behind him.

"Freed! Did you get a girlfriend?" Mira asked, looking at the girl behind him.

"N-No, I was just doing her a favour." Freed blushed slightly, coughing. "She wanted to come see Fairy Tail"

"Do you want to join?" Mira asked [Name], looking straight at her.

[Name] nodded, her face still red from Mira's earlier quiestion.

"The Master's not back yet, you'll have to wait a while before it becomes official..." Mira trailed off, noticing a resemblance that [Name] held to a certain someone. "What's your name?"

"I'm [Name] Heartfilia" [Name] mirrored the girl's smile. "It's nice to meet you"

"Heartfilia? You can't b-"

"I'm Lucy's sister" [Name] said.

Mira's eyes seemed to light up and she instantly went to the back. [Name]'s eyes followed her curiously.

"She's gone to the library at the back to get Lucy I presume" Freed explained and [Name] nodded.

A few moments later, Mira dragged Lucy over to where the two was standing.

"[Name]?" Lucy asked, recognising the girl immediately.

No wonder why Mira was ecstatic for Lucy to see a possible newcomer.

"Lucy!" [Name] smiled, immediately hugging her. Lucy was still shocked, but hugged back.

"I'm sorry for everything... are you alright?" Lucy asked, hugging [Name] back tightly.

"Uh huh" [Name] said, smiling brightly. "I'm so glad I found you!"

"I am so sorry [Name] for leaving you there..." Lucy said, looking away.

"It's not your fault. Don't worry! I told you to leave me behind" [Name] assured the girl smiling.

The two started to catch up on each other while Freed walked back to his own team.

"Wait, how did you meet Freed anyways?" Lucy asked, looking back to the green haired man who was sitting with the Thunder Legion, facing them.

"Father actually sent a mission to Fairy Tail to find me. He and his team took the mission and found me. I asked him to let me run away and I met him again when I was looking for a key"

"Oh did you? What do you think of him?" Lucy asked, smiling suggestively.

"I think he's a really nice guy, not like others" [Name] said, watching as Lucy glanced to Mira, who handed her a drink. "Why?"

"Oh, nothing [Nickname]" Lucy said, passing the drink to [Name].

"Oh yeah, you know the story that mother always used to tell us? I've found the keys in that story" [Name] said, easily changing the topic before Lucy could ask her about Freed again.

"What? Really? You found the keys? Show me!!" Lucy said, completely forgetting about her earlier question.

[Name] took out the two keys from her pouch, to which Lucy marvelled at.

As Lucy examined the keys [Name] showed her, [Name] caught Freed's eye over her shoulder.

She smiled pleasantly at him, to which he smiled back softly in exchange.

This interaction was not missed by Mira, who internally squealed at the sight, nearly dropping the glass that she was cleaning.

『 Not Like Others - End 』