Chapter 3: Firestorm

Barry's P.O.V.

I sat in my lab finishing what's left of what Captain Singhs gave me while also waiting for the signal for emergencies regarding Ronnie. i fell deep in thought as the very thought of Ronnie still alive made my chest heavier, The way Caitlin reacted on how Ronnie saved me or hearing his name made her sad which made my chest hurt, And holding her hand made me feel something different. Can't believe i was falling in love for the person who took care of me while i was in a Coma, i took on a not totally date, slept right next to her, it's too much.

Caitlin's P.O.V

Me and Dr. Wells hide a few meters outside the Stein's house which Clarissa Stein agreed to let us watch so we can help her husband and my you know.. "I assume you have Barry on speed dial" i processed again because Dr. Wells the calm and guarded type made a Speed joke, Cisco is starting to infect Dr. Wells.. "Yeah he's already on my phone with a click he'll be here" i said. "So is there something between you and Barry?" he calmly looked at me. "What do you mean? there is nothing between me and Barry." i said in a quick manner and didn't realized i was blushing. "The red on you're cheeks says otherwise".

Our conversation got cutted off i was glad...but our theory was right Ronnie did came for Mrs. Stein i quickly pressed the button on my phone alerting Barry for the trouble and in a Flash (no pun intended) he appeared and he and Ronnie took off in the skies. for the first time i don't know which to worry Ronnie or Barry. My heart pounded finally for Barry even though he heals quickly. the fight ended when they both land and Ronnie saw both me and Clarissa. "Martin i know you're in there please stop, these people can help you" after a brief moment he turned off the Flames and agreed to come with us.

Barry's P.O.V

Back at S.T.A.R. Labs everyone was analyzing on how to separate Ronnie from Professor Stein, while Caitlin was tending to the man that had her ex-fiance's face. i kinda eavesdropped on their conversation inside the med lab. "You know i can see his memories, i can feel his feelings for you, and my dear trust me he loved you so much" when i heard that i couldn't get rid of a sick feeling i had but i know He and Caitlin we're supposed to be together so i just ignored the thought Caitlin feeling the same way.

"Hey Guys we got some Good news and some Bad news" Cisco said and we headed back to the Cortex where Cisco explained "Good news is we know how to separate the both of them by using the same idea on how to split atoms " "And the bad news?" i asked. "The Firestorm Matrix that is combining them is becoming unstable and in a few minutes he could go Nuclear that could destroy half of the city and millions of people." "Lucky we can make the Quantum Splicer but i don't know if we'll make it in time" Cisco said.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's get going" Caitlin said. "That's not the end of it. if splitting an atom is dangerous by scientific experts think about splitting something  powerful as the Firestorm Matrix" Dr. Wells commented. While everyone was working on it we didn't even realized Ronnie or Professor Stein or who ever's in control is missing. "Hey, where did Ronnie went to??" Cisco went to his computer and scanned everywhere for any nuclear energy signatures. "He's in the Mountains, outside the city". "With that distance he can go nuclear without anyone being affected" "Then we have to stop him" Barry said. "Luckily we're done with the Quantum Splicer." Barry took it and before he flashed away i said. "Im coming with you"

"No you're not, it's too dangerous" Barry stared at me with those gorgeous emerald eyes of his "Look, you don't know how this thing works, Cisco can fill me up on the way" i demanded. Barry had his "Oh dear God, for real??..." Look and he instantly carried me and we flashed away to the Mountains, while on the way Cisco instructed me on how to activate the Splicer. When we arrived Professor Stein still using Ronnie's body stood in the middle and was about to shoot himself only to be stopped by Barry in the nick of time. "You should get out of here! and why did you bring her here?!" he exclaimed. "We have a device that could split and you stop you from going Nuclear" i shouted. Luckily he listened and Barry flashed us about right next to him and i attached the device to his body as i activated."Oh no...." i can hear Cisco saying through the comms.

"Barry get out of there he's about to explode!!" Us both saw how Professor Stein was screaming in pain and without a thoughts Barry took me and flashed us away we almost got hit by the huge explosion Thank God for Super Speed. "We we're near the explosion a lot of Radiation could have affected u both" i worried. "Nah the Suit's system doesn't detect Radiation signatures so you're both alright" Barry flashed us both again back and there we saw it. Both Ronnie and Professor Stein separated, i quickly ran beside Ronnie as he woke up "Tell me, What's your name??" i asked. "Ronnie Raymond" he said it it looked like he was going for a kiss but i didn't gave it to him and just hugged him, i don't know why i didn't kissed him and when i looked back to Barry i manage to caught him change his expression from like he lost something special to a fake smile i can see through...

Barry's P.O.V

We headed back to S.T.A.R Labs where Caitlin wouldn't leave Ronnie's side while Cisco took Professor Stein to get some fresh clothes, Dr. Wells welcoming his former mechanical engineer and apologizing for everything that happened, i just stood in the middle of the Cortex trying to get rid of the sick feeling and the burden in my chest i had since the Real Ronnie came back i know i shouldn't feel this but it's like i was realizing my feelings for Caitlin i didn't handle it and just left. i went to the Pipeline and just sat at the entrance and bowed my head down little Heartbroken. "Hey, Barry?" i looked up and it was Caitlin and i couldn't just look at her. "Everything alright?" she asked in a calm sweet voice. "No, it's nothing i'm fine" i said in return. "Look, i took care of you for 9 months until you became The Flash until now i know when you're having problems you come to the pipeline and you look everywhere except the person who's talking to you" "damn she's good"  i didn't know what to say because i had no rights to be jealous and probably now's not the right time for to say what i feel or even worse she could reject me like how Iris did to me.

"Barry Allen, if  you don't tell me right now" she got cutted off when Cisco spoke, Thank God for Cisco's untimely entrances. "Guys we need you back up here now." i stood up and just walked back allowing Caitlin to catch up behind me. "What's up?" i asked while i put my hands in my pockets. "We're going to leave" Ronnie said. "What for??" Caitlin took a step forward "Cait, we need to learn how control this power what if we go nuclear again? who knows what'll happen." "Then you can learn it here at S.T.A.R Labs" she said "No we can't i don't want to hurt anyone else here." Ronnie took Caitlin to the other room where they both could have a private talk while i moved to Cisco, Dr Wells and Prof. Stein "Thank you for all your efforts" the old man said "It's nothing Mr. Stein the other half of Firestorm is very precious to us and we promised you're wife we would bring you back the real you if i say so" Wells said in his usually calm tone.

Once everything was all settled, while outside Ronnie and Professor Stein merged back to Firestorm with Ronnie now in control and they flew off to the distance. i noticed Caitlin was oddly staring at me and we all went back inside and confronted her. "Is everything alright?" i quickly noticed that she wasn't wearing the ring that she usually wears. "You're not wearing the ring Ronnie gave you??" "We broke up and decided remain friends..." and she walked faster out of my line of vision. i got nervous that it happened because of me or something.

On the next day Caitlin kept avoiding me which in turn made me feel the burden on my chest again but while that happened the unexpected came

Cisco went back to the bunker to check on the containment field that failed to contain the Reverse Flash days ago, then i had a call from Eddie. "Hey, Eddie what's up?" "Barry! It's Mardon he took Joe!" my mind went alert when i heard Joe got kidnapped by a meta. "Where are they?" "They're at the a ship in the beach and My God Barry, there's a large tsunami coming!" i flashed to get my suit and went to the beach and with no idea what to do....

(A/N: Sorry if there isn't much SnowBarry yet im trying to build up they're relationship and building up the plot that what i have in mind so thank you if you're patient :) )