Chapter 18, Flashpoint: Killer Frost

Caitlin's P.O.V.

Do you really all have to know my story? Fine, trust me it's gonna get cold....

I wasn't this cold when i was a little girl i had two parents both Doctors on their own rights. I idolized them both, i wanted to be like them to that extent i memorized the Hippocratic oath in fact i was obsessed with it. Daddy was the one i grew up to be closed with, but everything started to fall apart when Daddy had Multiple Sclerosis and i watched as this once great man battle to inevitably lose..this made Mom focus on her work to distract herself from Dad's death and because of it we never spoke to each other for years and that's what i hate about her, we suppose to share the pain but she left me and never spoke to me i mean come on! i was a little girl cut me some slack. Oh didn't i mention i was a bullied also by a girl named Lexi LaRoche she put chewed bubblegum in my hair everyday, come on a girl's hair is precious and i swear if i see ever her again im gonna shatter her hair and put frozen bubblegum on the bitch's face. In my adult years i became a trained neurosurgeon and a bio-engineer in S.T.A.R Labs which now called Ramon Industries and owned by my best friend Cisco Ramon. and that is where it all started.

"Caitlin, i need you to go to Arctic Labs and close the deal i had with them, i wanted to cooperate with them because of what you said about they're studies in Cryogenetics it's impressive i must say" Cisco told me. "Sure, ill leave in a few minutes." i replied back and he nodded and walked away. few minutes later i left for Arctic Labs and after an hour drive i was greeted by the Scientist and Doctors that worked there. "Welcome, Dr. Caitlin Snow i heard it was you're study of our research is what made Mr. Ramon cooperate with us here in Arctic Labs." he reached out his hand and i shooked it. "Sorry Mr Ramon won't be attending with us today he's busy running the company" i said. "It's alright i suppose you already have the knowledge of our Cryogenetics to pass it on to Mr. Ramon" he showed me inside Arctic Labs and presented me they're greatest work a Self-Sustaining Thermodynamic Ultraconductor Engine that could subvert the second law of Thermodynamics in order to create perpetual motion. im gonna spare you on the boring part so let's get it exciting. "Dr. Snow care to inspect our work?" i accepted his offer and went inside the lab where the engine was, i didn't realized i was the only one in the room due to the ice mist that was covering and i just heard the door closed shut while an alarm for a meltdown triggered i panicked and tried to bang the door open in hopes anyone might get me out. "Anyone there?! Please! im trap here help me!!!" after that a voice through the comms said. "Hello? Dr. Snow you have to ripped out the wires of the engine's coolant system so the doors will be open" i did what i was instructed but when i ripped it apart it released something to my body freezing my body in an instant and in conjunction with the ice mist it made me feel really close to Absolute Zero or maybe beyond. While i lay there i just blacked out.

When i woke up i was within the rubble of the former Arctic Labs i couldn't believe i survived but i felt really different. i saw my hair White as Snow instead of it's Chestnut color and my skin was really pale. before authorities could find me i escaped and hid not planning on returning to Ramon Industries until i figure out exactly what happened to me. I took a hot shower because it was really cold but i wasn't shivering or shaking which is unnatural, but before the hot water hit my head it instantly turned into frozen icicles and that's where i called Cisco. "Caitlin?? Where are you? i heard what happened at Arctic Labs." "Im fine Cisco, but please get to my apartment as fast as possible."i said and dropped the call. few minutes later he arrived with equipment to check my condition what a coincidence...."Oh dear God Caitlin you're freezing" i let him inside and he wore 2 of my coats and i can feel he's still cold. he took a blood sample and later on i could feel my powers developing as i froze the flame Cisco kept turning on, icy mist started to flow from my hands but when the sunlight had reached me i seemingly returned to my normal state prompting Cisco to freak out but stopped when someone told him of a teenager that got hit by Lightning. "I gotta go after im done dealing with this we'll find out what's wrong with you alright?" he reassured me as he walked out. After 9 months for research Cisco found out that i have the ability to absorb Heat from anything around me and i can use Cryokinesis. I was afraid of what ill do with these Powers and combine with a tragic childhood,fear,doubt etc. i developed my evil side. which bye bye to Caitlin Snow and hello to Killer Frost.

1 month later a being called "Kid Flash" started to stop crime and in turn tried stopped me from having  fun. Luckily i knew whenever he runs his atoms accelerate in a fast rate which is the opposite of what i can do but he seemed got busy by the appearance of another Speedster called The Rival. i layed low for awhile it was hard though i can't go as Killer Frost or Caitlin Snow without anyone noticing. until i met someone. "Gary isn't it?" i reluctantly said to him. "Uhh, Barry" he corrected me. "Oh im sorry, Barry right." Yeah i met someone who was seriously Handsome af. Barry Allen a fellow school mate from High school, he defended me once from Lexa when she did her usual bubblegum move on me, Barry took the gum from my hair and threw it at Lexa. He asked me out on a date and for the first time my Heart felt warm since the incident, so i accepted. Until i found out one day that we had a son in a future where he accidentally erased, who was named Bailey Allen the hero of the Future. this Speedster proceeded  to remove his cowl in order for me to trust me and it was Barry Allen who was known as "The Flash..."