Chapter 25: Into the Speed Force

Barry's P.O.V.

"Barry what happened to our boy, where's our son!?" Caitlin said as she cried in my arms, i understand how she felt, losing your own son to an extra-dimensional energy of endless void which also serves as purgatory for Speedsters like ourselves. "Don't worryi will do everything in my power to bring Bailey back, i promise." i hold on to her as i reassured her. "Cisco can you vibe me into the Speed Force?" I asked Cisco. "I probably can. the Speed Force is a dimension anyway right? But if it's an endless void how am i suppose to get you out?" he said. "Well figure  it out right away, I'll enter once your finished with it." Cisco nodded and proceeded to work with Caitlin assisting him. After a while of working they both found a way to bring me out of the Speed Force along with Bailey. "Meet the Electrode-Halo. So basically, these two are linked electromagnetically via Goldtooth."he pointed at the headset "Goldtooth??" i asked. "Yeah, it's... kinda the Cisco Ramon inter-dimensional equivalent of Bluetooth . Kinda proud of it. Anyway, it gives us all the relevant locus information no matter what corner of the Multiverse your stuck in." he explained. "And, if you needs our help, it stimulates Cisco's prefrontal cortex" Caitlin added. "Then I'll open a breach and pfff... siphon both of you back out." Cisco finished.

I understood what they said Cisco is gonna use the headset to connect to a device that he planted in my emblem so whenever i needed outside help or i got Bailey. I prepared my journey to the Speed Force knowing there's a 50/50% of me returning with Bailey and the other not. "Bring our Son back and bring your ass back here too got it?" she told me as we kissed, i walked right next to Cisco who was about to open a breach into the Speed Force. "Okay dude, i don't have exactly a map of the Speed Force so i can't guarantee you're gonna be near Bailey." "Don't worry, ill search every corner of it if i have too." Cisco touched my shoulder and we vibed into the Speed Force a vortex of Electricity and Energy. "Okay man, if i let go you're on your own." i pat him on the back. "Wish me luck then." "Bring my nephew back." and he let go and vanished the Speed force slowly transformed from a vortex to a familiar place, CCPD. "What are you doing back here Barry Allen?" i looked it was Eddie Thawne! The Speed force present itself to the speedster they familiarize with and i remembered entering Speed Force the 1st time a story for another time. "I'm here to bring Bailey back." i told the entity. "Im sorry, Bailey Allen has taken your place of imprisonment, he didn't want you to be trap so he took your place."

"That's why im here to bring him back." i replied. "Are you sure you want to do this?" it asked. "Im not leaving without my son." "Alright, if that's what you want, if you want Bailey go through those doors." it pointed at the elevator doors, But a Time Wraith flew out of it. "But you have to outrun that first." I put on my cowl and flashed to the Stairs with  the Time Wraith following behind me. It phased below and appeared in front of me to cut me off but i vibrated and phased myself through it and headed to the elevator and closed the door. When the doors opened it appeared as S.T.A.R. Labs where i was greeted by Ronnie Raymond. "I get it now. you appear to me as the people who sacrificed themselves for the greater good." i said to the entity. "No, Barry, their sacrifices we're for you. As was Bailey when he faced The Black Flash" he said "Bailey took the opportunity before i could, he doesn't belong in the Speed Force that's why im not leaving without him." i said back. "Then prepare to face the horrors that is about to come." i heard a loud growl and Black Flash flashed in front of me and knocked me over. "Rgh, The Enforcer." as it growled at me again and i flashed away and he followed me, he pinned me down and i kicked him off and punched him back allowing me to speed off to the elevator but when i was about to enter the Black Flash pulled me back and pinned me down and the Speed Force as Ronnie approached me as The Black Flash started to suck the life out of my body.

"What do you want from me?" i asked the entity. "To teach you a lesson Barry, that everyone around you sacrifice something for you, but you never sacrifice anything for them." He was right i couldn't respond. But i have to get Bailey back no matter what. "I love you, Caitlin." i then took of the tether on my emblem and attached it on the Black Flash that made him destroy in an explosion of light. the life got sucked out of me returned and i stood up and entered the elevator. when it opened i was at the pipeline i could see in the distance was Bailey standing up and staring at the wall of the metahuman cell. when i walked to get him out i was dragged back and pinned to the wall by none other than...Eobard Thawne, The Reverse Flash. "You're not getting him that easily Flash." "Please, he doesn't deserve to be in the Speed Force let me take his place please!" i pleaded. "Sorry that doesn't work around here." as he vibrated his hand but before it could hit my heart the entity got pushed away by someone wearing a helmet. "You aright kid?" he asked me but when i gained my breath back, i recognized his face.. "Dad?!" i asked my Father who i didn't knew was a Speedster. "No, the name's Jay Garrick, you're friends told me you needed help.."