29 | why did i agree to this

And predictably, here's a drawing of Asuma!

When I got to Yakiniku Q, Kurenai and Asuma were already waiting. Both looked rather flustered, but there was a smile on Kurenai's face.

"Miyoshi!" She exclaimed in relief when she saw me, and shifted over to make room for me. "Where's Kakashi?"

"I don't even know." I sighed. "He was late to our last mission, as well. I hope he didn't pick up any of Obito's habits."

"I don't think anyone knows what goes on in that guy's head," Asuma commented. I suddenly thought of Icha Icha, and snorted.

"What?" Kurenai frowned.

"Oh, nothing, I just... I think I know what goes on in his head, and you don't want to know." I tried to keep myself from laughing, but it resulted in an odd sort of tremor.

"I should have known." Asuma smirked. "If anyone knows what goes on in Kakashi's head, it's you."

"Watch your mouth, I could take you on now if I wanted." I glared at Asuma. "I fought Kakashi once and nearly won, I could take you."

"That is not how it happened." A familiar voice scoffed. I glanced up and saw Kakashi taking a seat beside Asuma, opposite me.

"Why don't you tell the story, then?" I offered, though my tone made it sound like a challenge.

"Which fight are we talking about? The one in the middle of the street, the one on your birthday or the multiple verbal battles we've had?" Kakashi raised his eyebrows at me over the table.

I rolled my eyes. "The Taijutsu one. When I was trying to learn Water style."

"And failed miserably."

"Hey, it's not my natural affinity! Just because you're Kakashi Hatake, the Copy Nin, famous prodigy who copied over a thousand Jutsu, doesn't mean we all are." I pouted. "And anyway, I made a water clone."

"You call that a clone?" Kakashi challenged. "It looked more like a limp noodle to me."

"Uh... can I help you?" A waitress asked hesitantly, interrupting our argument.

I realised suddenly that I had stood at some point, and was glaring fiercely at Kakashi. Our eyes met for an instant, before I sat and turned away from him.

"I'll have the egg fried rice," I mumbled.

"I'll take the pork," Kakashi said calmly.

"I'll have the pork too," Asuma said.

"So will I," Kurenai put in.

"So that's three orders of pork, and an egg fried rice?" The waitress checked, seeming relieved that the arguments had ceased. "I'll get that to you as soon as possible."

"You're sure you're not in a relationship?" Asuma checked.

"We might be. We might not be," Kakashi responded.

"We aren't," I snapped.

"There's no need to be mean," Kurenai said, ruffling my hair. I huffed angrily.

"You guys could get off our backs. Wouldn't kill you," I pointed out.

"You could get off ours," Kurenai countered.

"Come on, you guys obviously like each other. I'm just giving you a little nudge. Besides, Kakashi and I are in a strictly professional relationship."

"Exactly." Kakashi nodded. "Although with you, it's hard to tell the difference between personal and professional. You let the lines blur a lot."