80 | i am so done

"I'm getting the feeling that you're looking to fight." Our opponent narrowed his eyes dangerously. "I can assure you that I'm more dangerous than I look."

"You're still outnumbered, and we're the elite," Kakashi reminded him. "I think you'll be rather outmatched."

"Geez, we're all human, use simple terminology!" I rolled my eyes. "You don't need to sound all professional."

"I like to think I have a higher intelligence," Kakashi replied.

"Are you implying that I'm stupid?" I demanded.

"No, I'm just saying I'm smarter than you. That doesn't necessarily make you stupid."

"Fine." I gave up and sat cross-legged on the ground. "Have fun beating up this dude whose name I don't know, I'll just sit here with my lower intelligence."

"My name is Satoshi," the guy supplied.

"You're really going to just sit there?" Kakashi sighed.

"Yep. Knock yourself out. Actually, don't, I don't want to carry you home unconscious."

Kakashi turned his attention back to Satoshi, who had watched the conversation with only mild curiosity.

"Are you two close?" he asked.

"We've been teammates for a few years," Kakashi replied. "Not that it's any of your business."

His hand flickered, then a kunai was flying at Satoshi. I hadn't even known that Kakashi could move that fast. Satoshi leaned to one side, and the kunai flew past his ear and embedded itself in the ground a few paces away. Satoshi looked proud of himself, but I knew that this was nothing. A Genin could have avoided a kunai, and even Academy kids could throw one.

Kakashi lashed out with Shiroha, carving an arc of lightning through the air, then rushed forward to follow it. Satoshi leaped over it, but was unprepared to meet Kakashi's blade, and received a deep wound to one arm.

I tossed a couple of shuriken from where I was sat, but neither of them hit anything.

"Not a very good shot, are you?" Satoshi sneered, blood trickling down his arm to his fingertips.

I shrugged. "Can't hit the target every time."

Kakashi shot me a look, a narrowed, questioning, almost accusing look. You never miss.

Well, I did this time, I thought. Though it was on purpose.

I watched with bated breath, barely noticing what was going on as I waited for my opportunity. Satoshi wasn't near enough... now Kakashi was too close... too far... I clenched my fist.

There!

I yanked the invisible wire in my hand and it tightened, tripping Satoshi and causing him to fall onto his back. While he was winded, I trapped him in place with the grass around him, enforcing it with chakra to prevent him from getting away.

Satoshi squirmed beneath his bindings, but couldn't break them. "I see..." he snarled. "The Copy Ninja was a distraction while you did the dirty work. Is that an ANBU formation I can sell?"

"No, I made it up just now, actually," I said, standing and walking over to where he was bound, Kakashi looking down on him.

"How... what is this?"

"Kekkei Genkai," I replied simply. "You won't get out, trust me. But before you inevitably die, I wanted to ask: what kind of secrets are you going around and telling everyone?"

"You hate your village." Satoshi narrowed his eyes at me.

"Why would you say that?" I snapped, a little too quickly.