76 | kakashi does pretty much everything for me

"Wake up, we have a mission."

The warmth was suddenly stripped from me as Kakashi yanked my duvet off me. I screamed a little. Maybe a lot. I might have made Kakashi's ears bleed a little bit. Sweet revenge.

"Who the hell let you in here?" I demanded, snatching at my quilt. Kakashi held it just out of my reach.

"I did," he said calmly. "You gave me a spare key, remember?"

"Yeah, but you can't just come into my room like that!" I protested. "What if I was naked?"

"You weren't."

"But what if I was?"

"But you're not. Come on, get dressed, we need to be at the Hokage's office in negative thirty minutes."

"Is that your way of saying we're thirty minutes late?" I sighed.

"Of course. Hurry up." Kakashi dropped my blanket on the ground and left my room to give my some privacy to change. At least he'd actually bothered to do that. I huffed angrily into the mirror. Just because we were dating now didn't mean he could be so bold. It was lucky for him that I was wearing something that covered me up nicely, otherwise he might have lost a hand. Maybe two. Or his head. Possibly all of the above.

I changed quickly into my ANBU uniform and headed downstairs to find Kakashi waiting by the door.

"Let's go." He opened it as soon as he saw me and stepped outside.

"But I haven't eaten-mmf!" My sentence was cut short when Kakashi jammed a slice of buttered toast in my mouth without even turning around. "Kkhhhiii!" I attempted to yell, but the sound was muffled by the food. Instead, I settled for scowling at the back of his head while I ate.

Kakashi pushed open the door to the Hokage's office to greet Lord Third, who was sat behind his desk.

"You're late." The old man frowned.

"Kakashi's fault," I said immediately. "He broke into my house and dragged me here without warning and I'm mad."

"I didn't break in."

"You can't just come into my house whenever you want!"

"Why did you give me a key, then?"

"In case you need to get into- ohhhh." I realised suddenly where the argument was going. "I'm still mad at you."

"No, you're not."

"... no I'm not." I admitted. "But I was mad. Very, very mad. Like, 'rip your head off your neck' mad."

"Ready for our mission, sir." Kakashi ignored me.

"This will be a simple infiltration mission," the Hokage explained. "You shouldn't need to fight, but I advise that you prepare as if you are expecting confrontation. I want you two to go to a small village in the Land of Water to keep tabs on a man we suspect to be selling Leaf secrets." The Hokage handed over a scroll, presumably with details on our target.

"I assume we'll be posing as a couple again?" Kakashi guessed.

"You shouldn't need to pose," the Hokage replied slyly. "But do change your appearances effectively enough to last a few weeks without being recognised. If you get caught, it could mean war between the Land of Fire and the Land of Water."

"Understood, sir. We will begin preparations immediately." Kakashi bowed respectfully, and I did the same. This was one of the rare occasions that I was not angry at the Hokage, so I didn't mind showing a little respect today.

Kakashi led me out of the Hokage tower and we were halfway through the village before I noticed that I had no clue what we were doing.

"So what exactly are we doing?"