78 | kakashi buys me more clothes because im really bad at this

I came into consciousness but didn't open my eyes. I was far too warm and far too comfortable to relinquish myself to wakefulness.

"Wake up," Kakashi mumbled next to me, poking me in the head. "Wake up. Wake up. Wake up." Each 'wake up' was punctuated by a poke.

"Nuuhhh, just a few more minutes." I nuzzled closer to Kakashi, burying my face in his chest so he couldn't poke me. "You're warm."

"I'm standing up," Kakashi said. "In three... two... one..."

I was pushed away suddenly and my warmth left me as Kakashi rolled away from me and stood.

"No!" I moaned. "I'm cold now!" Still refusing to get up, I grabbed the quilt and pulled it tightly around myself in an attempt to salvage some warmth.

"Oh, no you don't." Kakashi stole my quilt, leaving me curled up on the bed, freezing cold and lonely. "We have to get up now."

"You hate me," I decided.

"No, I don't." Kakashi bent and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I just need you awake now."

I couldn't argue with that kiss. "Fine." I pushed myself off the bed, albeit reluctantly. I noticed that, despite having woken just a bit before me, Kakashi was somehow already dressed. "Do I need to wear warm clothes?"

"You don't have any warm clothes, love." Kakashi sighed. I knew he was acting, but when he called me 'love' it made my heart flutter a little. "We're going to get some for you this morning."

"I'm bad at packing." I shrugged.

"I've noticed," Kakashi replied wryly, tossing me some balled up clothes. "Change quickly, I'll go get breakfast."

He left and closed the door behind him, leaving me room to get changed. I was quick, not wanting him to come back while I was still half way through. Kakashi had handed me a teal, quite loose top with sleeves that reached my elbow. It was comfortable, but it did show a little bit more of my chest than I was used to - not quite enough to show cleavage, but just on the border. I was also wearing leggings for the first time; they were tight and black, with a grey cuff at the ankle. I decided I didn't like leggings.

I opened the window and examined the weather conditions. Dry, but cold. I slipped on the small jacket from yesterday and stepped into some satin flats that, while impractical, were very comfortable. I didn't bother with socks. I'd always found them kind of pointless, unless they were the thick fluffy type that are so thick and fluffy you can't put shoes over them; those socks are very nice when it's the dead of winter and your toes are cold.

"I brought food," Kakashi announced, opening the door and walking in with a tray. There was a bowl of muesli and a plate of pancakes that had been drowned in syrup - exactly how I like them.

"Those pancakes look amazing," I said.

Kakashi handed me the plate. "I'll never understand your love of sweet foods."

My mouth was already full of sugary heaven, so I just shrugged. I'd never understand his aversion.

"Done yet?" Kakashi asked, and I looked up from my pancakes to see that his bowl was empty.

"Almost." I shovelled the last couple of mouthfuls into my mouth and ate them quickly. "Alright, let's go."

Outside, it was cold yet dry, just as I had predicted from my brief glance out the window. I wrapped my arms around myself to protect from unwanted breezes. Kakashi, seeing how cold I was, simply tutted and shook his head. I made a face at him.

"Let's just look in here." Kakashi dragged me into the first place we saw.

It was a quaint little place, not big but not cramped. There were racks of clothes and shelves full of shoes, and mirrors in the walls at varying intervals. It was softly lit, and it was warm, a nice change to the outside. An elderly woman stood behind the counter reading a novel with the glasses pushed right to the tip of her nose.

I glanced at the racks of clothes, but none of it looked promising to me. It was a nice place, but I wasn't sure if I'd find anything warm enough in here. Mostly, it was casual wear such as tops and jeans.

After just a moment of scanning, my eyes fell upon a pair of boots that I was drawn to immediately. I hadn't come for boots, but these were fluffy. I didn't even look at the price tag, but grabbed them and took them to the counter.

"Hey Saka, what about- Aisaka, no!" Kakashi exclaimed upon seeing what I was doing. "You don't need boots!"

"But they're fluffy. Obviously." I rolled my eyes. There are some things men just don't understand.

"They're imprac-"

"They're fluffy." I paid the woman at the counter and shot him a glare.

Kakashi sighed. "Fine, buy them, whatever. But don't forget that we came here for a coat."

"I didn't forget, I just meandered a little bit," I replied, clutching my new boots to my chest.

Kakashi sighed. "Whatever. I was going to ask what you think of this one." He held up a lavender coloured coat with thick wool on the inside.

"I'm buying it." I snatched it from him, putting my hand in the sleeve and feeling the warmth. It was very fluffy. Kakashi had actually done a good job.

I paid for it and immediately shrugged it on. It was like Kakashi's jacket, except minus the Kakashi smell. I snuggled into it.

"Kay, I'm ready for the real world now," I reported happily.

Kakashi rolled his eyes. "Of course. Where to, then?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, and my whole coat shifted. "Wherever. Maybe we should just go for a walk?"

"You're not very good at this, are you?" Kakashi sighed. "Let's just walk around and see what there is to do in town."

"Yeah, okay," I agreed.