13 years later

Harpers POV

'He's a very smart prince, he's a prince who prepares..."  Into the woods is one of my favorite movies along with Pitch perfect 1 and 2. I'm humming along to 'On the steps of the Palace' Sung by the one and only Anna Kendrick. I L.O.V.E Anna! 

"Harper!! Come on, we have to go!" My friend Elle is calling me. "Oh shit!" I say annoyed. I have ballet in 10 minutes! I pull out of my middle split I'm sitting in and whip on my tights and leo. While walking down the stairs listening to 'You are not alone'  while pinning my hair into a neat bun. I pull my dance bag from my cubby and walk along next to Elle down 2 flights of old stairs in silence. At the orphanage, which has been my home for 13 years, my whole life, it is compulsory we have 3 'daily activities.' I chose Dance, Drama, and Music, of course. Just like Anna does now. "Girls you're late. Again!' Madame Elise says to us in an annoyed tone. "Sorry Miss." Elle and I say at the same time.  "Get your warmers and pointe shoes on quickly. We are focusing on pointe and stretching today." "OK Miss". Ballet is my favorite part of the day, I get to do it every day, 6 days a week along with tap, hip hop and contemporary on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursday and Saturday. At least 21 hours of just dance a week. It's the life! Monday, Tuesday, and Friday I have drama for an hour and a half each day. With music, I play piano, ukelele, and guitar and I take voice lessons. That's 3 and a half hours of music each week. I love to be busy, it keeps me from being lazy, which I typically am. "And degage 2,3,4, to the back 2,3,4 " Madame repeats 4 times. "Ladies, into the center please, 4 lines." Out the window, I see a flood of men with sunglasses and black suits on come through the front door. That gets me curious. I've had weird dreams about celebrities visiting the orphanage a few times. No one ever adopted me though. "Releve 2,3,4 Up! 2,3,4" Madame says. Oh crap! I didn't put my rubber in before. I ALWAYS do that. Madame just had to look at my face when I realized I forgot and said without me asking, "Yes Harper, you can put your rubber in." She said with a sigh. "REMEMBER NEXT TIME!" "Yes Miss" Outside the room, I can hear Miss Carol (the head of the orphanage) talking to someone, I couldn't tell who but I heard " Yes that is good. I'll grab Miss Cookes file" Cookes? That's my last name! It can't be. I must have been imagining. Wishful thinking. I reentered the room and everyone was in right splits. I stood next to Elle who was clearly struggling and slid down without a problem. The next 20 minutes were just splits and leg holds. Easy.