Lead up

Annas POV

Tonight I go on Seth Meyers. Tonight I'm telling the world about my 13-year-old daughter.

 My manager had talked to Seth earlier this week to make sure he would somehow bring it up. Harper is going to be there but not on the show. I'm asking Brittany to come and stay with her on set while we tape. "Hey Britt, so, I'm going on Seth Meyers tonight so do you mind coming w/ and staying with Harps? thx hun. xx'  I texted her. Within minutes, she replied. 'Sure babe! I'll be over at 4 xx' Great. That's sorted. I'm lying in bed still at 10. Harpers in her room playing her guitar. She sounds amazing. Last night, she and I decided that she would do her own music, as long as she works on it at least twice a week. I decide to take a well-deserved bubble bath before my stylist and makeup artist gets here. I am watching 'Game of Thrones' on the tv in the bathroom until I am interrupted by a knock at the door. "Hello?" I call out "Yea, Anna, um, can I come in?" "Just one second baby," I tell her as I start to cover myself with bubbles. "Ok, come in." She opens the door a crack and then walks in. I can see she's been thinking. "Whats up hun?" She sits on the tiles, cross-legged and sits quietly for a second. " They're not going to like me, Anna! They're going to think it's weird you suddenly have a daughter!" She blurts out then bursts into tears. "Baby girl! That is not what anyone is going to think! They're going to think your very special and they will! Trust me." She looks up at me with her big, blue beautiful eyes. "You're going to get so many questions about your career though! I'm just in the way." My heart sank to my stomach and out my ass. "Baby! I promise you, they will love you! you ARE NOT in the way of anything, you make it more fun for me. I'm your mom, I won't let anyone bring you down or get to you in that way." I really meant that. "I really appricate it. Now you say that I think I'm ok... for now" I smile. "For now is Ok. Now get out so I can get changed before Jackie and Jaelyn get here." She looked at me with a confused face. "Who?" "Oh! My makeup artist and stylist. I forgot to tell you!" She laughed and got up. "You're music sounds great bub!" "Thanks! I'm half way through the lyrics for my first song!" "Great work! Can't wait to hear it when it's done!" She smiled and went back to her room. I got out of the bath, dried my hair and pulled on sweats and a jersey. I poked my head around Harper's door. "Hey baby, I reckon we have some food before we go. I'm gonna make some pasta. Ok with you?" She looks up from her computer. "Sounds great. I'll be there in a sec." "Coolio" I reply. She laughs. 

Something smells. "Fuck!" The pasta was burning. "What? What's that smel.... Oh...." I let out a sigh as Harper realizes. "She's has done it again!" Harper jokes. "Oh piss off!" I say as I pretend to whip her with a tea towel. She screams for fun as she dodges the lash. "Looks like were having mac and cheese. again." I smile. "Yay! More artificial cheese!" She says sarcastically. I find the box and get out two bowls. "So, I was thinking you could wear your navy blue dress tonight? The one with the sparkle?" Harper looks up from her phone. "I was thinking that too. There are lots of people excited for the show tomorrow on twitter!" "What do you mean?" I asked. "Everyones tweeting to you saying they are excited to see you on the show tomorrow." Harps informs me. " Oh, my phones upstairs. Also, my stylist is bringing something special for you, so don't worry about shoes and my makeup artist will do your makeup. I know you're not on camera but a) you never know and b) We are doing a quick photo shoot on the beach after taping. Just in case . And bring something more casual but pretty for it." Her face lit up. "Really!? Awesome!" There is a knock at the door. I go to open it. Its Jaelyn, my makeup artist. "Hey, girlll! How are you?" She gives me a hug. "Great thanks! This is Harper, my daughter." I introduce her to Jaelyn, who shakes her hand. We are sitting at the Island, Jaelyn is putting on my concealer and Harper is watching Netflix. Soon, there is another knock at the door. Its Jackie, my stylist. "Hey, beautiful! Good to see you!" "Hey Jackie, you too!" She has three dresses to show me. One is black with long sleeve lace, the other one is a teal, layered dress. The last one is wine red, with a deep v-cut, leg slit, and layering. "The red one is gorgeous! I reckon that one!" I say with excitement. "Me too babe! Here are the shoes" She brings out a pair of white, strappy heels. "Let's see it, babe!" She hands it to me to go put on. "Harper, you wanna give me a hand?" I ask. "Sure!" She springs from the couch and comes with me to the guest bedroom. I pull on the dress and Harper zips the back for me. I sit on the bed and put the shoes on, I stand up. "You look stunning! Fucking stunning!" "Haha, thanks, baby!" I give her a hug. When we come out, Jackie fixes parts of the dress and then Jaelyn finishes my makeup. Wine red lipstick to match the dress and smokey red eyeshadow. "Ok hun, go get into your dress, and we'll get you done up." Harper skips up the stairs and Jaelyn starts on my hair. She curls my hair at then ends and sprays it with hair spray. Harper comes downstairs. She looks amazing. I have never seen her in that dress before. I can tell she loves it too."I love it Harps! It's stunning." I exclaim. "Agreed!" Jaelyn and Jackie and say at the same time. Jaelyn does her her makeup, silver eyeshadow and beige-pink lipstick and her hair straightened and out. Jackie pulls out the shoes I asked her to get from my storage. "Oh my god! There so pretty!" She is so happy. "Harper, these are the Cinderella shoes from Into the Woods," I tell her. She gives me a huge hug. "Thank you, Anna! This is crazy! There for me??" "Yep, there all yours now, for special occasions." She looks down. "Well, I don't want to wear them tonight. I'll wait for a better time." I was confused "Why baby? Tonight is special!" I say. "Well, I want people to see them the first time I wear them. So not tonight. Ok?" I was kind of sad, but I know where she's coming from. "Ok babe. Fair enough." Jackie had some other gold shoes for Harper. They were rhinestoned and strappy. Really pretty. Suddenly Brittany burst through the door. "I'm here! Don't worry.It's ok. I'm here." Britt sarcastically reassures us. "Oh, the cabs outside btw."  Harper grasps my hand as we head for the door.