Choices

Annas POV

I roll over to check my phone, again and only two minutes have passed. It's 3:20 am. All I could think about was what to do and how Brittany would react. I already know, it will NOT go down well. To keep the baby or not? This is one of the hardest choices I will ever have to make. ever. I have the image of the pregnancy test in my head, it keeps coming back to me, it's almost haunting me. I finally get to sleep, as I was thinking about what I should do, and it was just as my eyes shut, I made up my mind.

I am woken at 10:00 by someone singing downstairs, but it wasn't Harper. I got really suspicious so I put on some socks and head downstairs. I see Hailee doing the dishes. "Hey hun, how are you?" I ask. she looks up. "Kendrick! Good to see you." She told me enthusiastically. "Yeah. where's Harper?" I say, looking around. "Oh, she texted me at like, 9 and said you were passed out so she asked me to get her for dance" Hailee informs me. "Oh shit! I completely forgot about that!" I say annoyed. "Sorry, I'll pick her up then," I say, feeling guilty. "Oh, Oakley's mom said that she will, it's all sorted," Hailee says. All of a sudden, I have to dash over to the sink, to throw up. "Oh my god are you all good!?" Hailee asks, concerned. "Yeah, just must be something I ate," I tell her, wanting the topic to change quickly. "Ok, if you say so." Hailee chimes. As soon as she leaves, I go back upstairs to take a long shower. When I am out of the shower, I find the test still in the sink and I throw it away. I take my time to get dressed, it took a while anyways, my favorite jeans didn't fit anymore. "Sweatpants it is," I say out loud, not all that disappointed. I'm on the couch watching Jurrasic Park when the door is swung open by Harper. "Hey baby, how was your day?" I ask, which didn't make entire sense as it was only 1 pm. "Not bad. you?" She asks. "Pretty low key. I threw up in front of Hailee though." I tell her. "Oh." She says, not really caring. We sit in silence. "Ok, I'm gonna be the one to break this awkwardness, I know what your thinking," I say, meaning the baby. I move my legs so Harper can sit next to me on the couch. She puts her bag down and plops onto the couch. I look into her deep blue eyes. "Ok baby, I did a lot, a lot of thinking last night," I say, taking her hands. "And I want you to be the main focus of my life, I only met you what, 3 months ago and I don't even know everything about you yet. You mean the whole world to me and I truly don't remember what my life was without you so, I have made the choice to lose the baby." I say, letting out a sigh. Harper gives me a hug, not saying anything. "I really just love having you with me. I don't really want any more kids anyway." I say, letting out a laugh. "I love you mom, I'm so proud of you," Harper says, looking up at me. "I'm so proud of you baby, and you are so talented too," I whisper. "Hey what about Britt?" She asks, sitting up. "Well, she is going away in like four days so I think I have to tell her today," I say, as she looks up into my eyes, feeling sorrow. "When she gets here, I need you to be in your room, Ok? She can't know your here." I tell her. Harper nodded. As she does, the doorbell rings.  "Speak of the devil," I say, standing up, sighing. "It will be Ok," Harper reassures me. "Thanks, baby," I say, hugging her again. I watch her go up the stairs and wait to hear her door close. The bell rings again. I rush to the door. "Hey baby, I missed you heaps," Britt says, coming through the door and passionately kissing me. "Me too," I say smiling, but behind the smile, I hide so much guilt it's unbearable. I can tell she knows somethings up, so she takes my hands. "Hey babe, I need to talk to you," I say, trying to look past her eyes. "Sure babe. What is is?" She asks. I pull her towards the stairs as we head for my room. We sink into the bed. "There is something you need to know," I say, and let out a long sigh.

Harpers POV

I am playing my guitar quietly in my room when I hear Annas door close. I feel so nervous for her, I needed to listen to so music. Hailee's songs always seem to take my mind off things. I plug my beats into my laptop and lie on my bed while playing with my fidget spinner. Halfway through Starving, I hear shouting through my headphones, and my volume was up really loud too. "What the hell Anna!!" I hear Britt. "Britt, I said, I had no control over what I did!" Anna yells back. "But you did! You did. You can still have some god damn self-control or common sense!" Britt screams. "It is hard for me to fight back because I. was. drunk Britt! I don't know what else to say!" Anna yells, annoyed. I still have my headphones on, when I take them off, the noise doubles. "What in fucks name do you mean! You should have so many things to say!" "Britt! I don't, I can't remember half the fucking night for god's sake!" Anna screams. "Well, you're a bitch if you don't have anything to say. you're a bitch!" Britt yells. That was taking it to a new level. "You have NO right to call me that! I was wasted and have no memory of that fucking night!!" "I think anyone in the entire WORLD could be smart enough to not hook up with someone while drunk. Five-year-olds know they shouldn't do anything like that! Five-Year-Olds!!!" "Oh My Fucking god. You're not getting the fucking story!" Anna screams. "Bitch I am! You must have nil control over yourself when your drunk then, but I guess I should know that by now, I mean you're ALWAYS, ALWAYS drunk and you can never stop yourself!" Britt screams. "Oh I'M ALWAYS drunk, what about that drug problem you had several years ago hey?? Or were you too high to remember?!" Anna shouts. "You bitch! Don't you dare EVER bring that up! EVER!" I hear a slap, two loud, sharp slaps, then silence. I creak open my door and tip toe to Annas room. Through a crack in the door, I see Britt standing, breathing heavily looking down at Anna who was on the floor, cradling her cheek. I didn't dare go in. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Anna yells, defeat in her voice. "Nothing is wrong with me, bitch, what's wrong with you?!" Britt screams. I felt weak, I couldn't bare hearing Annas voice, or her lying on the floor, looking up at a person who just slapped her, twice. My eyes filled with tears, that were quietly rolling down my cheeks, off my face, and into my mouth. Salt. I ran back to my room, not caring if I was heard, grabbed my phone and stormed downstairs, slamming the front door behind me. I call Hailee. "Hailee, can you come over, now?" I ask, fighting back more tears. "Of course hun, I'll be right there." She says, without hesitation. I sit on the steps of the door, staring into space until Hailee's car pulls up. I run over to her and she gets out of the car. I slam into her arms, letting all my tears go. After about three minutes, I sit next to Hailee, who now has a tear stained shirt in the passenger seat. We drive 20 minutes in silence to the beach. We find a spot by some rocks and sit down. I let out a deep sigh.