Some new news

Annas POV

'WE BELONG TO THE LIGHT, WE BELONG TO THE THUNDER, WEEEEE BEELLONNGG.....' I'm woken to the sound of my daughters....Amazing shower singing. I check my phone. 7:45. It's so early. I moan. I have so many messages from my friends and people on Twitter, and texts. Like a lot. I check my texts. There's one from Brittany saying: 'They know something's going on, have to break it soon...' There is a link with the text, but I honestly cannot be bothered opening it. I check twitter. There's a trend going 'smallgirlwithanna' I'm so confused, I see tweets to me that links to an article. The Title: 'Girl Constantly out with Anna Kendrick' It hit me. People are starting to catch on about Harper. There are pictures of me and her at the airport, in the mall and from when we went to the beach and sunset blvd one day. Brittanys right, I should tell the media soon. I force myself out of bed and since I showed last night, I got changed into some light wash denim shorts, a coral-colored top and I just go barefoot downstairs. "Morning," I say to Hailee when I see her sitting with a coffee, scrolling through her phone. She looks up "Hey" She replies. "Did you see the artic..." I cut her off "Yep. I'm gonna break it next week on Seth Meyers. "Sounds like a good plan. Hey, Kendrick, I need to talk to you, about two things." I tell her. "Shoot." I take a seat. "Ok" Hailee begins. "One. This morning I got up and came down, Harper had gone for a run." "Wait what? Had my daughter gone for a run? That is one thing I will probably never do!!" I exclaim. Hailee laughs. "Anyways, she came back from her run at about 6:55 and I joked with her that she was late because her note she left said she'd be back at 6:45. I was joking and then she said, 'oh sorry, I was just talking to some boy!" "What!? Who?!" I kind of screamed. "She didn't say. I didn't really ask her either. but she said that he kind of hit on her..." "OH, MY GOD! Is that all she said?" I asked "Yep". I need to know EVERYTHING! I want to know in an exciting way and a motherly way. I have to know who! I sit there staring into space for a while and then I get up to make coffee and some breakfast. "Ok, Two, I barely got sleep over what you showed me last night. I couldn't stop thinking about it!" Hailee said "Me either. I got maybe 4 hours of sleep." We hear the music stop from upstairs. "Ok, here's what's going to happen," I say to Hailee. "When she comes down, well talk to her about the boy. Then, you are going to go get ready for the day -  kind of, you can listen to what Harper has to say about her scars when I ask her on the couch through the door. OK?" I say "Yes Ma'am!" Hailee exclaims. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

Harpers POV

After a long shower, I come downstairs dressed in a white dress with palm leaves on it and triangle cuts in the side and gladiator sandals with my hair in two french braids. I can't wait to get compliments on this outfit! "Morning!" I say chirpily as I come down the stairs. Hailee and Anna turn to me and say "morning" at the same time. somethings up. There's a vibe. "You look, cute babe," Anna said. That's it? I look cute? This took forever to pick out! "Yeah! super cute." Hailee said with no tone in her voice at all. "Thanks..." We are sitting around looking at each other for another minute or two. "Ok, what is going on? somethings up." Anna let out a sigh a long sigh then put a big, cheeky smile across her face. "So, Harper, who's this boy Hailee is telling me about?" I shoot a glare at Hailee and my face turns pink. "C'mon, tell me. You're not getting away with this." I roll my eyes. "I was running this morning and I had to breathe at a bad time and stopped when this boy came running towards me and stopped. He just said 'hey' and that he hadn't seen me around before so he asked if I was new and I said yeah. I didn't say anything about you two. Then he pointed down to where he lives and the number. I was creepy." Anna stood there with a blank face. "And..." I sigh. "He asked me where I live and I pointed down our street. I didn't tell him the number. This is the weirdest part, he said 'Oh there are nice houses down there. Like you." I look up from my toes and Anna is giggling. "Wow. Wait. HE HIT ON YOU?! OMG HARPER!" "Is that OK?" I ask confused. "Meh, I don't really mind. Your 14 next week so... and it's cute" "I let out a sigh to myself. "Oh. one more thing.... What's his name?" I roll my eyes. "It's Jett." "Ooooo. That's a cute name. What does he look like?" "really?" "yep" I roll my eyes. I know I can't get out of this. "He's tall for me, maybe '5'6, Hazel eyes, brown hair and an amazing jaw line," I say embarrassed. "Interesting..." Anna says. Hailee laughed. "To clear the air, nothing else happened that's literally all he said and I probably won't see him again. The end." I say as I walk over to the fridge. "I'm going to shower and get ready for today. See you later!" Hailee announces. I sit at the island with a bowl of fruit loops. "Baby, I need to know about something else. Important" I put down my spoon. "OK, what is it?" "Can we talk on the couch?" I get up and jump onto the couch. "So, last night, you fell asleep during the movie and after it ended, I took you upstairs to put you to bed." "Ok... so?"  "I was getting you changed, and I saw scars on your front, back and thigh." I start to fiddle with my braid and avoid eye contact. "Harper! What the fuck are they from? Did they hurt you in the orphanage?" "No, not really..." "Then what the fuck are they from!? those were not accidental, they were serious!" I hear the shower stop. "Can we please go upstairs and talk. Please?" Anna was getting annoyed. "Please?" I beg. She takes my hand and pulls me upstairs. I sit on the bed and she stands in front of me. "Go on..." I sigh. "OK, so, I actually hadn't been at the orphanage my entire life. There were 2 months where I went to a family just outside Salt Lake City. They were the worst. I didn't do any school, I had no privileges, I only had chores and a tiny room to sleep in." Anna was starting to tear up. she came and sat next to me and took my hands. "When I hadn't done my chores or hadn't completed then by the time the father got home, there was punishment. The scar on my back is from a belt, the two on my front are from a knife." Anna burst into tears.