low key rehab

Annas POV

My cheek is stinging. Brittany is standing above me, with a look of disappointment on her face. She was disappointed in herself. I could see it. And I had nothing else to say, nor she. I heard footsteps running. It must have been Harper. With nothing else to do, Brittany turns around and walks to the door calmly, exits and slams the door behind her. I stay on the floor and burst into tears. What have I done? I ask myself. I pull my hand away from my face, my hand has spots of blood on it.

Harpers POV

Hailee has tears staining her cheeks after I finish telling her everything. Ending with when I saw Anna on the ground holding her cheek. "I can't believe this happened. I'm so sorry Harper" Hailee says. "It's not your fault," I said comfortingly. We sit in silence as we watch the sun begin to set until my phone goes off. Annas calling. Seeing her contacts photo - one of her pulling the bitchiest face - makes me more upset. I put my head against the rock and cry. I wait for the last ring to stop. "I know it's gonna be tough. I know you liked Britt too." Hailee says, putting her arm around me. "I NEVER thought that your mom and Brittany would ever fight," Hailee exclaims in disbelief. Suddenly, her phone rings, a call from Anna but this time, she answers and puts it on speaker. "Hey Kendrick," Hailee says, acting normal. "Hailee, is Harper with you? I can't find her anywhere!" Anna kind of yells. "Yea she's with me, we were just talking about some things," Hailee tells her, relaxed. "Oh my god. I was so worried. Is she there?" Anna asks. "Hey Anna," I say with a bit of guilt. "Oh my god Harper! Thank the Lord. I was so worried about you!" She exclaims with relief. "I am too. I saw and heard you and Bri... Britt" I tell her, tears swelling up again. "Baby don't cry. I'm fine." Anna says, stressing fine. "Hey Anna, I'll call you back Ok? I just wanna talk a bit more with Harps." Hailee says. "Ok Hai, see you soon". Hailee ends the call. "I know you don't really want to go home right now, right?" Hailee says she knows me too well. "Yeah, not really. I wanna see Oakley." I tell her, blushing a bit. "Ok, I reckon you could stay at Oakleys for the night, but you have to come home tomorrow and talk with your mom. Ok?" She makes it clear. "Yep," I say happily. I make plans with Oakley and he said it was all good if I stayed over so Hailee dropped me off. "Hey. I missed you" Oakley said, hugging me. "Me too," I say back. Oakleys mom just ran out to the store so we decide to watch a movie and after a lot of negotiating, we decide on The Boss Baby. Halfway through, Oakley slides his hand into mine and our fingers are clasped. We got to the point where I was leaning on him and our heads were close. "Do you want to talk about anything?" He whispers into my ear. "It's just hard to see Anna like this," I say, letting out a sigh. "Like what?" He asked. Then I realized he didn't know what happened. "She got hurt by Britt. real bad." I say quietly. "Physically or emotionally?" He asks, I laugh a bit. "Both," I say, looking into his eyes. "I'm sorry Harp, it must be hard. You can stay as long as you want." A while later, both Oakley and I were passed out on the couch.

Annas POV

I trudge downstairs after hearing the doorbell, twice. I open the door to a tear stained face, Hailee Steinfeld. "Hey, Hun. Wheres Harper?" I ask. "She's at Oakleys for the night. she just needed some time." Hailee says, stepping in the door. I nod. "Oh my god your face!!"She exclaims, bending down to look at it. "Yeah, I assume Harper saw everything so now you know too." I sigh. "I'm really sorry Anna, I had no idea Britt would even have the guts to do that," Hailee says, taking a seat at the kitchen island. "Honestly, me neither," I say, taking some ice out of the freezer for my face. I wince at the coldness. "I have to ask, what are you going to do?" When Hailee says that, I realize my choice was the right thing. "I'm going to lose it," I say, kind of sad. "Anna, are you sure? What did Harps say?" Hai asks. "Yes, I'm sure. I want Harper to be my focus right now, not throwing up every day or worse, not drinking." I joke. "And Harper is ok?" Hai asks again. "She was ok, she wouldn't really of minded," I say, pouring Hailee some soda. "If you need anything I'm here, ok Kendrick?" Hailee says supportively. "Thanks, hun," I say gratefully. 

The next morning, I have two texts, one from Harper and the other is from my doctor. I let out I sigh, I really don't want to think about my abortion right now. I open Harpers: Hey, Delphi is taking me to dance, I will see you later. xxx I reply: Sounds good. see ya. xxx<3. I have hours till she gets home so the first thing I do is call my doctor. She was really supportive and I made an appointment for two days from now. I decide to kill my time with some baking and cooking. I manage to bake cupcakes, brownies and cookies are in the oven when Harper comes through the door. "Oooo. It smells soo good in here!" She exclaims. "Thank you!" I say, a bit over enthusiastic while flicking a spoon with bolognese sauce on it, splattering it everywhere. "Cookies are in the oven," I tell her, looking at the timer. "What inspired you today?" Harper asked, putting her bag down. "I had hours to wait for you," I say, turning off the stove and walking over to her. "Oh my god, your face!" She says, running a hand over it. "Yeah, that bitch got nails." I half joke. "For sure. Does it hurt?" "It stings a bit, but its ok now," I tell her. "I'm gonna shower and then will dinner be ready?" She asks. "Yep. I thought we could watch some Game of Thrones too." I suggest hopefully. "I was thinking maybe PLL or Riverdale?" Harper negotiates. "Whatever you wish, darl."

A/N -  READ

Hey, guys! Thanks for reading! I would like to know how you are liking the story so far, let me know AND how you would potentially like the story to end. xx C <3