Ellen!

Annas POV

When we arrive at the Warner Bros lot, Harper looks sick to her stomach. Her face is stone cold and pale (not that out tone could be any lighter...). "Babe, are you ok? Feeling OK?" I ask, rubbing her back. "I think I am gonna be sick." She says quietly. "Bubs, fuck no, not now!" I beg her. I pass her some water. I help her out of the car and we go into the bathroom at the Ellen stage. "Ok, bubs, today is the worst fucking day possible for you to feel like shit. I do know how you fell, but at this stage, suck it up and we'll deal with it after. I know I'm being harsh, but it's the hard truth for today." I say sternly. She looks at me with her big, blue eyes as they fill up with tears. "Oh baby, don't cry. We are going to have a fun time today. I promise. Ellen is amazing and after we can do whatever you want." I say as I pull her into my chest. I let her cry for a bit longer and when she's done, I wipe away her tears and fix her makeup. Ellen was outside when we walked out. "Hi!" I say surprised. "Hey, Anna! Great to see you. This must be Harper?" She says. "Yes, this is Harper. She's a bit nervous for today." I tell Ellen. She bends down to Harps level. "Hi Harper, I'm Ellen," She says as she puts out her hand. "Hi Ellen," Harper says, shaking her hand back. "I know how you fell, we are going to make today fun. Ok? You and your mom are going to get to play a game on the show. Does that sound good?" Ellen says. I was excited. I could see Harper was. "Sounds good!" Harper replies in a happier tone. "Good! See you later" Ellen says giving me a hug.  Harper says she's ok and that we can forget she was nervous. "That makes me happy," I say. We decide to play ping pong until we start taping. At last, when we got a 10-minute call, we went backstage and Jaelyn touched up our makeup and I said to Harper: "Ok baby, I'm so proud of you, for everything. I know, everyone is going to like you and are going to be happy to meet you today. I am so lucky to have you in my life and we are going to kill it out there. Ellen is a lovely person and she will make you feel included and special. You should know how I felt after my first ellen interview. I was on top of the fucking world! We are going to have a good time. I love you" Woah. I just realized how deep that was. That was rare coming from me. "Thanks, mom, I love you too," Harper says, hugging me. We wait in silence before we walk out when we hear Ellen "Please welcome Anna Kendrick and her daughter Harper!"

Harpers POV

Anna and I walk out, hand in hand. We are both smiling and my mom waves out to the audience but I just smile. Ellen gives my mom another hug and gives me one too. I was so happy right now. We take a seat. "How are you both?" Ellen asked. "Amazing thank you." Anna says "I'm great thanks," I say, beaming. "So, Anna, when did this happen?" Ellen asks. "Well, it was about a month ago when I went to Utah to get my (not so baby anymore) baby girl back. Yeah, so we have been together for a month together and we couldn't be better." The audience claps "Amazing! So, what happened in the first place?" Ellen asks. "So," Anna says, crossing her legs. "14 years ago, my career was kicking off so I chose to leave her at a great orphanage and I promised I would be back and, I came back Haha. Now, looking back at it, I do regret it, but what is important now is that Harper and I are together." "Absolutely" Ellen agrees. "How do you like your mom so far Harper?" Ellen asks. Anna says through her teeth with a smile, making a joke "Be nice baby!" Everyone laughs. "I love her! She's so amazing and talented. She's pretty awesome" I say. "Aww, thanks, baby!" Anna says. "That is great to hear. Now, I just want to mention your MTV nomination! Congratulations!" Ellen says. "Aw, thanks. Yeah, Zac is pretty happy. But, we were kind of expecting it." Anna says sarcastically. "We actually, never had the thought of that," Anna says in disbelief now. We laugh.  "So, Harper and Anna, I thought we could play a game," Ellen says. "Ok!" Anna says. It Never has I Ever. We get a paddle. Before we start Anna says "Be honest babe" To me. I hit her for fun. "Never have I ever finished an entire jaw breaker." I turn mine to 'I have never' Ellen puts hers on the same and Annas reads 'I have'. "When?" I ask. "Ummm. I have a lot of spare time." Anna says proudly. The game goes on for a few more questions, they get more intense. "Never have I ever, been awake for two days straight." Ellen puts her on 'I have never' and Anna and I put ours on 'I have' "What?!" Ellen says to me. "Well, I had some long nights in Utah and the week I came, Anna and I were just talking for ages and having too much fun we barely realized," I tell her. "Ok, never have I ever, kissed a boy," Ellen says. I know this was directed at me. Anna turns hers to 'I have' obviously. I hesitate. "Oooo Harper, have you not told me everything?" Anna asks me, wanting me to spill. I have to hide my smile with the paddle while holding up 'I have'. I turn red "What?! Baby! You have not told me that! When?" Anna asks. I sigh. "It was in Utah." I say I whisper into her ear, covering my mic, "I'll tell you later." She smiles at me. "You have some explaining to do lady." She jokes, making people laugh, again. "Ok, so that's the end of never have I ever, but before you go, Harper, do you want to tell us a bit more about yourself?" Ellen asks. "Sure! Well, I love to sing, dance and act. Like my mom." I say proudly. "Just like your mom, it seems," Ellen replies. "What type of dance and music do you do?" She asks "I am doing, ballet, tap, hip-hop, jazz, contemporary, lyrical and I play guitar, ukelele, piano and I love to sing. I write my music." I say. trying not to brag. "Wow! You'll have to come back and perform something for us one time!" Ellen says "I would love too!" I reply excitedly. "So, she really does all of this?" Ellen asks Anna. "Yes, she started dance recently and does homeschool. She spends spare time writing her music and if I do say so myself, It's pretty good." My mom says. "You two should record something one day!" Ellen suggests, which is actually a cool idea. "Maybe!?" I say, looking at Anna. "Harper, I knew you loved to dance a lot and I reckon you are going to be an incredible person someday so I got you a little gift." Ellen says. A man comes running out with a basket. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" I say, standing to hug her. The basket is filled with dance stuff, dance tops, booty shorts, warmers, a bag with my initials on it AND a $800 Capezio gift card! I was so happy. Anna and I left the stage and waited for the show to finish taping. While we waited, we went through my basket. There were two pairs of booty shorts, two crop tops, a set of warmers, a really pretty black strappy leotard the Capezio gift card and the bag. I loved the bag! It was black and had pale blue piping on the edges, lots of zippers for compartments and my initials were in block letters in gold. 'HRCK' on one side. I loved it. When Ellen finished taping, she came back and said thank you, and we said thank you. "I really would love to have you back. To dance and I really think if you two recorded something it would be awesome!" Ellen says. "Thank you! We may consider it!" Anna says. We then, head back home, but on the way, of course, stop for Taco Bell.