Audition!

Annas POV

Today is Harps audition for ALDC. She's been practicing the past 5 days, nonstop. She told me she decided on what she's going to do. For ballet, she's going to do a variation from 'Swan Lake' she told me it's the black swan part. I honestly don't know what that is but I know she'll be amazing at it! For Hip Hop, she's going to use my dance from Lip sync battle but change some, I was happy when she said that. For tap, she's doing a dance from a musical called 42nd Street. She has a solo for Contemporary and Lyrical in one. I don't really know what all of this means but that's OK. She comes down at 7:30 am and runs her dances for me one more time. "Amazing baby! I'm so proud of you, you've worked your ass off the past few days and it will pay off!" She comes in for a hug. "Eww, you're all sweaty!" I yell at her. "Haha! I'm gonna shower and get changed.  Then I'll be ready to go!"

Harpers POV

I shower, put my hair in a slick bun and I decide on black booty shorts, and a teal and black crop top. Over the top, I put a black mesh top. I go through my bag one more time. Ballet flats, pointe shoes, jazz shoes, turners, tap shoes, socks, Hip hop shoes, water, and my phone with my music. That's everything. I decide to put on a small bit of makeup. Some power, concealer, eye shadow, and mascara. I bring my bag downstairs. "You look cute!" Anna tells me. "Thanks." Before I  know it we are in annas car, jamming to Trolls. We pull up at the studio. I take a deep breath. I give Anna a hug "Babe you're shaking!" "I'm just a bit nervous." "Youll kill it. Don't worry" "Tap on wood..." 

Inside the studio, it's not too busy, I sit on the big, red bleachers while Anna goes to find Abby. I hear Abby: "Hello! Its so nice to meet you, Anna!" That's all I hear until a few minutes later Anna comes out of the office with Abby. I stand up. "Nice to meet you, Miss Abby" I put my hand out and she shakes it. I can tell some girls in the studio can see Anna and are kind of freaking out. "I do know Anna, we have so big fans here in the studio of you." "I'm glad to hear!" Anna waves at the girls who are clearly talking about her. They have a small freak out moment. "So, Harper, what studio do you come from?" Abby asks. "Well, I danced in the orphanage I came from." "Oh really? Who was your teacher?" she asks "Her name was Madame Elise, Miss. She was a very good teacher to me." "Great! Do you want to start warming up and head into the studio and put on your points?" I nod. 

This is it! I'm in my position, the music starts. I nail all my leaps and attitudes. Then comes the turns. I prepare, find my spot and go! I finish them cleanly and.... Abby starts to clap! "Amazing Harper!" "Thank, thank you, Miss Abby!" "Put on your tap shoes, please!" I put them on. In my dance, I nail all my treble steps, scissors, and wing steps. Next, I do my solo, nail that, except one part, I missed a step. Abby told me to get ready for Hip Hop now. When I was dancing, people came and watched me through the glass! At the end, people were clapping for me! I put my turners on and Abby asked me to do all kinds of turns and acro things. It was over so fast! "Good work Harper, cool down and I'll see you and your mom in the office."  In the office, my mom is sorting out schedules for my classes! I got in! I was super happy! "Your tap was incredible Harper! Like Maddie!" She thinks I'm like Maddie Ziegler?! That's insane! "Oh my god, thank you so much!" "I look forward to seeing you next week! See you!" she gives me a hug and shakes hands with my mom. When we reach the car, I squeal with excitement! "Oh my freaking God! I got in!" I give my mom a big hug "I'm super proud of you baby, you were phenomenal! I'm excited to see you dance more and learn more!" I love her so much "Love you, Mom. I love you so much, especially when we can be bitches together!" She laughed "Me too!" We drive to Taco Bell and while she drives, I look at my schedule. "Are you OK with the schedule baby? Is it too much to ask? And I made sure we had one day for us to spend some time together." It was definitely busy. I had to do school in the morning. Then I go to dance. Monday -Ballet, tap, contemporary, conditioning, hip hop. Tuesday - Tap, Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, acro, lyrical. Wednesday - Pointe, tap, ballet, hip hop, acro, turns, and jumps. Thursday - Lyrical, contemporary, ballet, tap, pointe, conditioning, jumps, hip hop. Friday- pointe, flexibility, turns, acro, lyrical, tap, conditioning, hip hop. Saturday -Ballet private, tap private, hip hop and then acting class. "It's pretty full on." I said "But that's ok, I want to be a great dancer so this is whats going to get me there," I say waving my schedule in the air. "That's the spirit bubs. I'm willing to help you with whatever you need" "Thanks, mom!" I say "Ooooo, I'm mom now? Good! Love you!" "Love you more!" I say. I couldn't be more excited to start at ALDC next week!