I wish to forget

Harpers POV

-Two days later-

"5 6 7 8 Step drag! back side front, UP! Good" Abby kept yelling, over and over in jazz class. I still had 2 more classes after this, then I leave early to go with Anna for her abortion, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. "Okay, class dismissed, Harper, may I talk to you?" Abby asks, calling me over. I stand in front of her, puffing a bit in my crop top and booty shorts, hair in a bun with a flower tucked into it. "You seem, distracted Harper, you are not yourself. What is going on?" Abby asks. I breathe for a second. "Well... I.. just have a few things going on right now with Anna. It's complicated." I tell her, trying not to give anything away. "Is everything ok between you two?" Abby wants to know. "Oh yeah, between us, it's all good, it's something else I'm not allowed to say, it will be over soon, though," I tell her, wanting the conversation to be over. "Ok good, I have some plans for you Harper, you are one of the top students in most of your classes, and I don't want anything to set you back." She tells me, smiling. "Thank you, Miss Abby, I will see you in Pointe," I tell her, backing to the door. I wonder what plans she has... I make it through contemporary and pointe class, trying not to think about what was happening next. Once I had my pointe shoes off, I went out to the parking lot and saw Annas car waiting. I plopped into the front seat. "Hey, we are going to get Hailee," Anna tells me. "Oh, she's coming?" I ask this was new news. "Yeah, my doctor suggests I don't drive afterward," Anna tells me. "How was dance?" "Oh, it was fine, Abby talked to me after jazz, she said I was distracted and she didn't want me to be because she said she has some plans for me," I tell her. "Oooo. Do you know what plans?" Anna asks. "No idea." The car ride to Hailee's house was silent and when Hailee got in the car, she was the one to ask to turn on the music. "I can't take this vibe. I need music." She says. So, Hailee and I are singing to Beyonce, and Anna is focused on the road, which surprised me, Beyonce is her jam. Then, I see the clinic sign come into view. 

Annas POV

I was silent in the car, I held back from singing Beyonce. And I had been getting texts from Brittany all day, she wants to talk and apologize. I ignore them, I don't want anything to do with her right now. My phone buzzes, again, a text from Brittany saying "just don't make any bad choices" I feel like throwing up because I might be about to... When we parked in the clinic, the music was off and I said. "Thank you guys so much for coming with me, I love you," I tell them. "I love you too," Harper tells me. We get out of the car and I take Harper's hand in mine, Hailee walks next to us. We follow the signs to the clinic. "Hello, name?" The lady at the reception asks. There is no one else in the clinic except us. "Kendrick," I say. "Great, take a seat and please fill out this form" She hands me a clipboard and pen. Harper sits on her phone scrolling through Instagram, Hailee is looking over her shoulder. "oooh is that Oakley?" Hailee asks Harps."Yeah," Harper says. "He's really cute." "Thanks." I smile to myself. I hand the form back and a few minutes later, a lady in a white coat comes out. "Hello Anna, it's good to see you. How are you feeling?" She asks, she has a badge that reads Dr. Sue Jakes. "I'm ok. I would just like to get it over with." I say desperately. "Of course. Follow me." We follow Dr. Jakes down a hall into a big room with a bed, desk, and computer. I take a seat and Harper sits next to me. Hailee stands. "So Anna, I need a few more forms to be filled out by you." Dr. Jakes says, handing me two more clipboards. The doctor scans through them when she is done. "So if you would follow me please, and you two, please wait in the waiting room." Dr. Jakes requests. "No, I want Harper to come," I exclaim quickly. So, Hailee goes to the waiting room and I follow the doctor. Dr. Jakes tells me to put on a special gown. I walk in a different room with a bed and tray and sit on the edge of the bed, Harper is standing next to me. Another Doctor comes in, his badge says Dr. Michael Fawn. "Hello Anna, I will be working with you today. Any questions before we start?" He asks. "Umm, what are the side effects?" I ask. "Well, not too many feelings, most women say they just feel empty. It is different for everyone also, the drugs may give off some hallucinations." I follow his instructions and for the next 20 minutes, Harper holds my hand, not once letting go while he does his shit. It was over fast. Harper and I walked out to the waiting room afterward. I had already decided I was not going to be sad, I made that choice and Harper is my choice. "Hey, hun. was it Ok?" Hailee asks. "Yep. Now I want taco bell" We all laugh and agree. Hailee drives and Harper and I are in the back, her head on my shoulder.

----Two Weeks Later----

Annas POV

I have spent the past two days in bed, missing Britt. I have had dreams about her coming back to me. One crazy one was she ran in just before my abortion yelling 'Stop! Stop!" And she made me change my mind, then we got back together. I even had one crazy as fuck dream where she proposed to me! I had yet another creepy one, halfway through the abortion, the doctor looks up at me and it is actually Brittany and she has instead given me some drug to make me come back to her. I'm such a bitch for missing her. The dreams are signs that I am missing her, I can tell. But I can't force myself to do anything. I know she's not coming back to. I'm pretty sure she gets back tomorrow from Mexico. I'm not going to contact her I know she won't text or call me, so I am relying on fate to make us meet again. Today, I have to get out of bed. I'm going to ALDC to talk to Abby about some plan she has for my daughter. And I decided that after today, I need to go for a run each day for two weeks, I need to lose the fat I earned from my pregnancy. I am going through my Instagram feed, and I decide to post because I haven't in a while. I post on of Harper and I. I caption it really cheesy So lucky to have this girl. I know, I know. cheesy. I tag Harper and hit Share. I shower and get dressed into some Nike leggings, a basic striped tee and a black sports jacket, and trainers. My hair in a high bun. I walk downstairs and make myself some frozen waffles from the freezer, I put them in the toaster and serve with whipped cream. I hear Harper upstairs on her guitar, it sounds like she is writing a new song. 5 minutes later, she comes downstairs in shorts and a shirt -  over a black leotard. "Hey, I was thinking about how we were going to do a cover, we should do it soon," Harper suggests. "Yep, any new song ideas? One dance is kind of old now. I thought Shape of you?" I ask. "Sounds good. I know how to play it, wanna film tonight?" "Yep." "Cool," After Harper does her school, we arrive at ALDC. I watch Harpers first class, tap, then Abby calls me in.

Harpers POV

Anna comes into the studio, after taking her shoes off. "Hi Anna, nice to see you:" Abby says, hugging her. "You too, Abby". "So, Harper has been doing some amazing work in all of her classes and her acting classes too. So, I had the thought for Harper to go to some auditions for acting jobs coming up. What do you think?" I was over the moon excited, I think Anna was too. "That sounds incredible, thank you! It means a lot that you see so much... oh damn, what the word? Potential!" Anna exclaims. "I know she has a talent, your daughter. Even though her resume isn't too full, having your name, Anna will be a help." I gave Miss Abby a hug and thanked her. "I have two scripts for you. One is for a teenager named Cassie, and it is for a small role in a TV show. The other is for a girl called Lily, for a movie with a great director, Rob Marshall. And I think that role is perfect for you." Abby tells me. "I worked with Rob in Into the Woods. He is amazing." Anna exclaims. "Thank you, Miss Abby, I can't wait! When are the auditions?" I ask. "That is the thing, next week. Can you do it?" "Yes, I might just do one then, the movie?" I ask. "I think that's I good idea, baby. I'll run lines with you." Anna offers. "It's settled! I can't wait. You have a good chance too, Harper!"