15

--5 MONTHS LATER -- APRIL--

Harpers POV

Holy shit I'm cold. I'm covered in at least 4 blankets and dreading leaving my bed. Buuuuuttt today's my 15th Birthday so I kind of have to. I can smell burnt bacon from my room, Anna tried to cook pig again. I go to have a shower, crawling along the floor bring the blankets with me. I come downstairs an hour later wearing a black long jumpsuit, denim jacket, doc martens and my hair in a high ponytail. The whole main level is covered in pink, silver, white and gray balloons. "Hey, beautiful. Happy Birthday!" Anna exclaims. "Thanks. There are a lot of balloons" I say, pushing through them. "Yeah, I'm just about dead, our of air." Anna jokes. She gives me a hug and directs me to a spot at the dining table where the black bacon and french toast waits. "Wow. How colorful." I cringe. "Hey! It's still edible" "Um. no" I say, snapping a piece of bacon in half. "Fine. Doughnuts are on the way" Anna says. I go through Instagram and snap chat until the doughnuts are ready. Anna comes over carrying perfectly wrapped presents. "Ooooh. Thanks, Anna!" "Your Welcome" She replies. Once there is a whole pile of paper on the floor, I got: A Polaroid, Capezio vouchers, and tickets to Beyonce! "Oh my God! Thank you, Anna, love you!" I scream when I open the tickets. "Of course baby, but I go with you." "Uh, duh!"

I'm up in my room doing school and checking my Youtube account, which now has 119,000 subscribers! Then Oakley pokes his head around the door. "Happy Birthday" "Thanks!" He gives me a hug and hands me a small box tied with a bow. I take the lid off, it's a rose gold heart necklace. "It's, beautiful. Thank you!" I say, full of emotion. "Of course. You ready to go?" We had to go to dance. "Yup. Let me grab my bag, I'll be right down." I put the necklace in my desk drawer and skipped downstairs, hugged Anna and ran to the car. On the drive there, when we were heading to the main road, I saw a HUGE poster for Summer Roadies. I was freaking out! It looked so good! It had the main cast on it, Emma and Anna were in the middle, Dakota was sitting in front of them, I was next to Anna and next to Emma was Ansel and Chris, it was and Cameron. We were all in front of a car and in bathing suits. Annas abs look hot! She had on denim shorts and a hot pink bikini top. I was wearing a blue halter bikini. I was really happy with it, so, I snap chatted it to Anna. Down the bottom, in bold letters, it read Coming For Your Summer June 7. I couldn't wait. When I walked through the doors of ALDC, I saw a big 1 and 5 balloon. I smiled from ear to ear. All my friends were there and all my teachers too. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" They all yell in tune. "Aww, thanks, guys! Luv you!" Saskia was holding a cake, they all sang and cut the cake, and everyone who was there got a piece. They day went by way to fast, before I knew it,  was in my last class, hip hop. We finally were finishing off our big combo that we were working on. When parents started arriving then, Hailee walked through the door. All the other girls started freaking out and ran up to her. I just waved and let everyone surround her. When the crowd left, we, at last, did our combo and It went really well. I did it with Oakley and Saskia, it was to Strip that down, I felt awesome doing it, I was filled with adrenalin! When we were done for the night, Hailee took a few more photos then we were off. "Why are you here?" I have to ask. "Oh, do you not want me here, I can leave you on the side of the road if you like?" She jokes. "Heeeyyy. But seriously though." "Kendrick had to do something, so she asked me to get you." "Ok. What did she have to do?" I ask. "Ummm, something with the movie or something. Not sure" "Oh, ok" We drove through McDonald's on the way home. When we got back home, and I got through the door, it was dead silent and all the lights were off. Anna must still be out. I went upstairs, scrolling through Instagram and put my bag away, I was hungry so I went downstairs to the fridge, still on my phone. Hailee came through the front door and all the lights flashed on, and at least 15 of me and Annas friends jumped out from hiding. "Happy Birthday!!" They all yelled. I was beaming and laughing. Everyone came towards me and gave me hugs. Anna, Anna Camp, Rebel, Ester, Skylar, Shelly, Kelly, Chrissie were all there, including Troian and Lucy were there. Annas friend Alex was here and Emma Roberts, Aubrey Plaza, and Hailee. "Happy Birthday Baby" Anna said, throwing herself into my arms. "Did you do this? Thank you!" "Of course!" All of a sudden, the door was opened and Emma Watson walked in! I almost cried. "Oh my freaking God! Really?!" I cried. This entire day was too good to be true. Emma ran up to me and gave me a hug. "Aw, Happy Birthday honey!" "Thank you!" She handed me a box wrapped precisely, I put it on the kitchen island for later. Music was turned up and everything was getting started. Pizza came to the door at around 9:30 pm, but I was starting to slow down, I could feel my eyes getting heavy. All I wanted to do was put my head on a pillow, but I suck it up for a while longer. I went to talk to Troian and Lucy. "Hey, Birthday Girl!" Troian said. "Hey!" I replied, taking Troians hug. "Whats up?" Lucy asked. "I am so tired. I had dance all day and now this" I say, not wanting to sound bitchy. "I feel ya girl. I don't know how long this will go on for." Troian said reassuringly. "I don't know if it's me but I feel like this is Annas party," I say loudly over the music. But to be honest, Anna was throwing the party and now, she was drinking. She forgot about the part of my birthday. I think she's gonna get wasted. I excuse myself from Troian and head over to Anna. "Hi, hun. Wassup?" Anna slurs. I can't believe she's already drunk. "How long is this going to go for?" I ask. "Not sure. Maybe forever!!" Yep. Drunk. I was over the noise and my head was throbbing. I can't believe Anna right now. What the fuck. I feel tears welling up, and I don't want anyone to see my cry, so I head for the stairs. I run into my bathroom and splash water on my hot face holding back tears. The music gets louder and I can feel the floor bouncing underneath me. There is a knock at the door. "Harper, can I come in?" Someone in a British accent calls. It's Emma. "Ok." In the reflection of the mirror,  Emma opens the door and comes in. "Are you ok?" She asks rubbing my back. I can't lie. I know Emma is someone I can talk to. "No, not really. I feel like this is Annas party now." I sigh. "It's not, people were looking for you. Why do you feel that?" She asked. "Well, Anna is drunk. It frustrates me, she shouldn't be." I complain. "Don't sulk over it. I bet you it is frustrating, it is your party, but she honestly won't even remember it." "That's the problem! She should. It's my 15th birthday!" I say, raising my voice. "Ok. Well, I will remember it. Other people will." Emma said supportively. Then, Troian came into the bathroom. "Hi honey, are you ok?" She asks. "No." Is all I say, so Emma tells her. "I understand. I'll remember it though. I promise babe" "Thanks" Was all I could say. "Hey, can you show us some of your music, I hear you like singing..." Emma suggests. "Sure. I'll play you my recordings of songs" They follow me out of the bathroom and I sit and my desk and open my computer. I play them my cover of This Town. "That was so good Harper! You need to share more music!" Emma praises. "Oh yeah. For sure!" Troian remarks. "I was thinking about it. Maybe I will now you guys think." "And I would love to do a cover with you sometime." Troian offers. "Uh hell yeah! I'll let you know" I say, feeling way better than before. The rest of the night went so well with Emma and Troian, I remember falling asleep with both of them in my room.