Plane ride

Annas POV

I can't believe I found my baby girl! I decide not to ask if she's mad at me for leaving her, but I think shes OK. We are in the limo headed to the airport. its silent but not awkward. we sit there smiling at each other. "I've never been on a plane before!" She says chirpily and out of the blue. "it's really fun! you'll love it! We are in first class and the flights only like 2hrs long." She just smiled at me then said: "You're so pretty!" "aww thanks, hun. I don't blame ya for thinking that" I say sarcastically while over the top brushing hair off my face. "I mean, well look at me too! I am your daughter!" She said back sarcastically. It's been like and hour since I've met her and there are already so many similarities. She cuddles up on my lap and drifts off into a deep sleep. I already know I love her with my whole, tiny heart.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Harper... Hun... Bub.... HARPER! We are at the airport! Get your backpack and put on your sunglasses" she opens her eyes and does a big stretch. Out the window, I see paparazzi lights flashing through the window. "Anna, wait... mom? what do I call you? And what is outside?" I laugh quietly, she's so cute. "You call me whatever feels right, maybe start with Anna for now. And there is paparazzi out there. Hey, Look here baby, When we get out of the car, have your glasses on and just follow me straight into the airport, don't look at the camera or say anything. just walk." "Got it, Anna." she smiles up at me. I get out first, her hand in mine closely next to me. I can tell she is copying me, I'm walking with my head down, so is she. Cute. We cut through all lines in the airport and are at the front of the plane in no time. "We have a lot in common, you know?" I say. "Really? I don't see anything the same?" she jokes. "Ready? 1. We are really sarcastic 2. We're unforgivably short. How tall are you? I'm '5 '2'" I'm' 4 10' and I already knew you were '5 '2," she said with a cheeky grin. "You creep!" I ruffled her hair. "Ok, 3. our brunette hair 4. our facials are the same 5. eyes 6. you're funny, I like to think I'm funny...." "Of course you're funny! You always make me happy! And your book! OML I could not stop laughing!" I love this kid. My kid. "Awww Luv you already! Oh Yeah, I wanted to ask, do you find it weird I'm your mom? " "Umm no!!? I think it's fucking awesome your my mom!" She stopped and looked kind of guilty at me. "What? Oh, whatever, you can swear, it's like half my vocab anyways!" I said. I honestly don't give a shit. I'm a cool mom. "OK cool, its like 3 quarters my vocab so yeah... but I think at first I might find it weird that Anna Fucking Kendrick is my bloody birthmother!" I laughed at that "are you trying to one-up me miss? Really? are 3 quarters all you got?" she laughed at that. the flight attendant was now talking through the speaker. blah blah blah... boring stuff. but I had to make sure Harper understood everything as it was her first time flying. When she took out her phone to put it in Flight Mode, I saw her back round was another picture of me at the Oscars. She quickly turned her phone off in embarrassment. "No, it's cute Harps,  I loved that dress, also the one of me on your computer!" With that said she turned her phone into flight mode and then changed her background to a photo of her in her ballet gear. I laughed. "Do you make short jokes?" "Oh yeah, all the time!" I said, "people tease me in a friendly way too for being short." She looked really happy "ok good me too". The whole plane ride was great! we talked and talked about what we both liked, finding so many of the same things out about each other. I am proud to say she is my mini me. She brings up how white she is. " There is one thing I hate you for though Kendrick." I looked at her like, woah! "OK. what is it smarty pants?" "How white I am. I'm basically see through AND I have lived in UTAH my entire life and I could stand against a white wall and no one would see me. Fuck you for that!" "Ok miss! Yooouuuu can blame my mom for that! I hate her for that too!" She just sits looking straight ahead trying not to laugh. I tickle her and she cracks. She tickles me back. I can't help it. we keep going until we have tears rolling down our cheeks. Luckily we were the only ones first class so no one was disturbed. 

We have landed in LA and are waiting for the plane to stop. I tell her to put on her sunglasses and hoodie before we get off the plane. She struts next to me like I am. It's cute.