Chapter 6 ~ A Reunion Turned Disaster

••••

••••

Akira woke up from a restless sleep due to mosquito's bites and a chilly atmosphere. She opened the main door and let the rays of sunlight bathe her, seeping out yesterday's fatigue out of her body. The dazzling rays provided warmth and relaxation.

After spending a good ten minutes outside the cabin, she went to check on Han who was still sleeping. She felt pity for him as it must have been hard to sleep on cold hard ground. Akira couldn't help but admired his strikingly gorgeous facial expression. He looked like an offspring of the angel and the devil; a deadly combo that made him intimidating yet composed.

"You must have broken hearts Han Issam," she whispered before backing away.

She freshened up to become fully self-conscious and devoured the remaining fruits from yesterday, satisfying her hunger since her vacation has literally turned into an edition of the hunger games excluding the fact they don't have to kill their opponents.

In the meanwhile, Han already woke and started packing up, ordering her to be quick. He locked the cabin and both of them started walking in the woods.

"Where are we going?" She asked as Han has barely spoken to her. "To finish my job."

She stopped dead in her tracks, alerting Han who turned around and looked at her baffled.

"I'm not coming with you to search for some man-eating criminals with that giant anaconda out there. I have to find my friends."

"Look, I can't abandon you so you'll have to come with me."

"No. I guess this is where we part ways then. My friends are more important to me than to join you in killing some cannibals," she said with confidence. One rough day and night has turned her fierce. She was no longer the shy, fearful Akira. Han tried his best to convince her but she was determined to leave him until they heard screams.

"That has to be Maira's and Mary's voice. She is here, they are here. I need-"

Before she could leave, Han held her arm. "If they are screaming, it means they are in danger." Her eyes went wide when she looked at the direction where the screams were coming from.

"Please help them."

Han was fully conscious he would be wasting time but a part of him can't refuse the naive girl standing in front of him, begging to save her friends' life. He agreed and started running towards the sound's source, followed by Akira. They dodged branches and sometimes held hands to prevent each other from falling until they arrived at the spot where she noticed her friends and some strangers as well. They were all looking petrified as there was a giant beast staring at them.

"Akira," yelled Olivia and they shared a hug. Embracing the homely scent, Akira was on cloud nine to see them all alive. Just like her, Olivia too had a few minor bruises but the bottom line is they had all survived the crash.