Chapter 13 ~ A Divulgence Of Information

••••

••••

Fear overwhelmed Taylor's thought. She was overpowered by four strong people who wouldn't hesitate to take a severe action against her.

"We work for Ismail Jafry. He is in charge for Internet hacking. We breached into millionaire's working networks, steal their data and blackmail them."

Adam realized the information she was revealing was worthy of millions. Finally the Legends will have a clue against the Seven League. Noticing her gaze was casted downward; he pressed the sound recorder on his phone on and started an unofficial interrogation.

"If you don't want me to put a bullet through your brain, start talking about the Seven League."

"Seven League is controlled by Josh Grayson. Everyone considered him a King and six other members worked under him, each one specialized in a task. Ismail Jafry deals in Internet hacking, Alvin Sanchez in selling human organs, Hans Garcia for smuggling, Zaid Adeeb Tahir in drugs, weapons used to be manufactured by Helena Colson but she betrayed King so it's now handled by Toni Hasim and the human trafficking business got shut down in a mafia rivalry where Zaid murdered the leader Akil Omar."

The girls were in shock hearing her confession.

"So it was you and Julian, all those people who shot our van on the road?" Olivia asked.

"Yes. Our targets were Maira and Akira though not the three of you."

Maira's blood boiled with anger. She would have lunged at Taylor and scratch her face with her pointy nails if Mary hadn't held her arm.

"You haven't still answered one question. Why?" Adam stared at her without any remorse.

"Ismail Jafry is Akira's stepfather's brother, like a step uncle." They all looked at each other confusedly when Han stepped in the cabin with Layla.

"Looks like Akira have committed some serious shit in her life that her mother's new family has selected so many people to make sure that she is gone from this world once and for all. I'm Layla by the way Han's cousin and we are here on the same mission as you Taylor. The only difference is Akira's mother Farah has selected me for this job and God knows who chose Han."

They were flushed with anger while staring at this newcomer. Adam pointed his gun at Han and so did he. They were all betrayed by one another.

"For God sake don't fight. We still have numerous problems to deal with," said Olivia who finally convinced them but Adam was still pissed. He has sworn to protect Akira and he'll do it no matter what.

"You got the chance earlier when she was first saved by you. It was the perfect opportunity to get rid of her then why you didn't kill her?" Adam's question made sense and this time all the eyes in the room were on Han.

"First of all I'm here on a mission to get rid of the man-eaters in this forest not to kill her. When I saw Akira for the first time, I recognized whose daughter she was. I remembered all the difficulties that I've been through because of The Legends but since I have already made a peace treaty with them I couldn't harm her. You are right Adam. I had all the opportunities but I couldn't do it. She is an innocent and a virtuous girl and I couldn't harm her in any way possible. My conscious didn't agree and I have never killed any innocent being in my life."

Silence prevailed until Maira spoke.

"What about Asad? What if he is here as well on the same mission and he has already located Akira?"

"Wait a minute. Asad is still alive," said a surprised Layla.

"What do you mean by still alive? Have you tried to kill him as well?" Maira asked.

"I found out that your father has employed someone to protect you girls so I try to get rid of him by sabotaging his chopper so I thought that maybe he died in a crash."

"It means all this time Asad has been our bodyguard. He was protecting us since the beginning," said Olivia pretty wonderingly.

"Anyone has a plan of survival," asked a disturbed Mary.

"Actually I have one," said Taylor while removing her laptop from her bag. The girls were baffled completely. They never thought that there was a means to link with the exterior world.

"You had this all the time?" Maira asked her like she still couldn't believe her eyes.

"Okay I need to get at some high level only then I'll be able to work my magic. I'll try to contact The Legends because right now it's only them who I'm trusting," said Taylor.

"Obviously my father is the best. He never killed or send people to kill innocent beings," said Maira proudly while Layla just rolled her eyes.

"Great so according to this map there ought to be a mountain, few kilometers to the south from here and if I reach there, I can get some signals and the job is done," said Taylor proudly.

"Okay then I'm coming with you," announced Olivia but Adam didn't agree to it.

The sound of somebody's scream astounded them. They all turned towards the dark forest and gazed at it.

"Do you think it's Akira?" Taylor asked.

"Possible, the scream was that of a girl," replied an astonished Mary.

Han was about to leave but Layla held him back immediately. He gave a cold look and she left his arm immediately.

"Okay everybody listen to me, Taylor and I are going to that mountain right now while some of you should search for the source of that sound. If we have heard it, it means that it's not far from here," announced Olivia.

"You are right. I'm in. Who's with me?" Han asked. Mary and Adam volunteered.

"So it's settled then Maira and Layla, you girls stay here while the three of us will leave for this night walk in the woods," said Adam and everyone took their own path.

After almost an hour, Olivia and Taylor were both at the top of the mountain. It wasn't too high and steep either which gave them an easy access. Olivia was exhausted while Taylor didn't lose one minute to switch on her laptop.

"You are not feeling worn out at all?"

"I'm used to be training with boys Olivia. Running a few miles at night isn't a problem but still I was scared that's why I wanted someone to come with me." Olivia didn't reply anything and went to sit next to her as it was a bit chilly. She examined closely what she was doing.

"Perfect. They have accepted my distress call," said Taylor excitedly.

She explained their positions, situation and the dangers that they were in. The video call wasn't a clear one but still it went through.

"So officers from The Legends will be reaching here in approximately three hours, just three hours Olivia and we are out from this hell."

They were both enjoying the calm breeze, dark view from the lofty height when they heard a hissing sound behind them.

"Shit," muttered Taylor.

Before she could run away, the giant anaconda swallowed her much to Olivia's surprise. She grabbed the laptop and went to stand at the edge of the mountain. She stared at the giant beast and let go.

••••