Chapter 55 ~ A Stone Hearted Mother

••••

••••

Akira held her father's hand tightly when she entered Yazzir mansion around seven in the evening. The atmosphere was far from vibrant. Gloomy, depressed, scared and outraged people were kind of sulking.

Her father's soldiers were walking around, hands behind their back. They were keeping an eye on everyone and also the local police were present.

Maybe this is the turning point of her life where everyone who has hurt her will face the consequences because she was innocent and didn't deserve all the pain they had inflicted on her.

Akira sat next to Sameer whose eyes looked red. "I'm sorry," he whispered, not being able to share an eye-contact. Without thinking, Akira's placed her hand on his and more tears escaped from his closed eyes. He bit his lip to prevent any sound but Akira's heart ached watching her cousin cried.

"Let's start with the woman who begins it all," said Han without showing an ounce of anxiety.

Farah Jafry walked towards the couch that had been placed on the left side of the room that faced everyone. Akira couldn't even imagine what had happened after she ran away. Did anyone else confess and that's why they turned the Yazzir living room into a court room or Han was determined to bring her justice.

Her eyes shifted to Han and she smiled. It wasn't of happiness but sadness. For once she wished Han would see her in a different light.

"Speak only the truth Mrs. Jafry. You have no other choice," he said boldly to her.

"Alright then, while returning home, someone pulled me in his car and the rest is quite guessable. It shattered me and I found out that I'm carrying twins few weeks later. I told my doctor the truth and she told me that one child belonged to my husband and the other to that bastard."

Looking down, Akira clenched her dress tightly.

"I couldn't kill her in my womb so I gave birth to both and did a DNA test to find out. It turns out it was Akira. The necklace that she is wearing right now belongs to none other than her culprit father. I clutched it in my hand in a hope of finding him someday but unfortunately..."

As eyes turned towards Akira, her fingers touched necklace and she removed it instantly, swiping her thumb over the 'A' engraved on it. All her life she thought that her mother had customized it for her.

"I wanted to tell Adeel but his family was never his priority. All he cares was The Legends saving the world from terrorists. Months later, I met my childhood crush who is now my husband. It took us four years to hatch this perfect plan where I get to live with him and my legitimate daughter."

Farah stopped talking and wiped her eyes.

"Everything happened during a family vacation. I sent Akira and Anisha to play near the edge of the river where strong currents was flowing. I brainwashed Anisha telling her it's fun to throw herself in the water but she has to make sure that her sister is the one who pushed her. My six year old daughter found it adventurous to play games that mommy told her. Everything happened according to my plan."

Akira couldn't forget that day. She thought she was the one who had pushed her sister where in reality it's her sister who wanted to be pushed.

"My boyfriend rescued her and by the time my husband, our friends and I reached the edge of the river, Anisha was gone. I slapped Akira for the first time. It felt good because she reminds me of that bastard. I pretended to be unstable; a mother couldn't bear the loss of her child till the night where the second part of the plan arrived."

"The night where you came to my room with a knife," Akira muttered without realizing Sameer was watching her with pity.

"I made sure that my husband's elder brother Ali and his family were at home that night. I went into Akira's room, made a noise to wake her up and she got frightened. I went after her like a serial killer and she screamed, cried until she hid behind Ali. He slapped me, trying to bring me back into conscious but I kept ranting one thing that night. Akira killed my daughter to make sure that she lives the rest of her life in guilt."

"Congratulations mother because your plan worked," Akira said unknowingly and this time Sameer placed his hand on hers to comfort her. Nevertheless she couldn't hold back the tears.

"Adeel thought that my boyfriend can keep me sane as he witnessed our little actions when I fought for a divorce. He was there for me while my husband wasn't. Adeel signed the papers and he got to keep Akira and my son Ehteshaam as supposedly I was mentally unstable."

When Akira turned her eyes to Veer, he was watching her intently. His eyes were revealing what couldn't be depicted in words.

"I went to Italy with him. We got married and lived the perfect happily ever after with our little angel Anisha. On her thirteenth birthday, I told her everything. Why she was homeschooled, why she couldn't go abroad for vacations like her cousins, why she has to live in secrecy. It broke my heart to see her cry until I finally agreed to let her come to Dubai with her friends on her sixteenth birthday where she met Veer."

Akira finally understood how Veer has misunderstood her to be someone else.

"I guess this is the time where we summoned Anisha Jafry to tell her side of the story because she has caused this family, Yazzir family a lot of trouble." Han said and Anisha took her mother's place on the hot seat.

Her eyes focused on everyone until they stopped at Veer.

"I know you hate me and you'll probably hate me even more after hearing things that I have conspired against Akira but I just want you to know that my love for you is real. I still love you Veer."

••••