Chapter 38 ~ A Transformation In Appearance

••••  

••••  

Slowly and reluctantly, Anisha uncovered her face. She blinked, closed her eyes and blinked again. Streaks of sunlight penetrated through the window and blinded her for a few moments. She stretched her arms above her head and yawned.

New day, new life, new me!

A smile automatically crept up her lips. Though she had a few complaints about how boring this room looks but the thought of meeting Veer made everything seemed majestic.

She knew she had to pretend to be Akira but that doesn't mean she should be her a hundred percent. She ditched her boring, old-fashioned, aunty-like dresses for a much cooler outfit. Yesterday she had brought it with her in her bag.

A small grey sweater, blue jeans and black boots reaching her ankle; that's fashionable.

"Perfect, no wonder you're more beautiful than her despite having the same faces," she said to her stylish reflection on the mirror.

She grabbed her bag and shoved all necessities in it before heading downstairs. To her surprise, she found Sameer arguing with a man. It's the delivery man.

"You're at the right address," she said making Sameer's attention turned completely on her. He looked shocked on noticing her which was totally expected. With a frown on his forehead, he asked, "When did you buy a new car and what's with this look?"

Anisha signed the papers and took the car keys from the man.

"Last night online, I wanted a new car so I bought a Ferrari, looks gorgeous though and about the look, I want to be different. I want people to stop treating me like a charity case. Is there a problem?"

"No not at all except I wanted to ask you if you remember anything about your attackers?"

Damn it. The attackers who attacked me a week ago at some island and then I was admitted to the hospital. I have to remember this sad story.

"Unfortunately I couldn't. It was too dark."

"It's okay but if ever you remember anything, a clue, a face, some jewelry, tattoo, anything, inform me, okay."

"Sure."

Akira, the girl who has survived a deadly attack returns at Rising Star, looking all bright and new.

Anisha smiled at her own thoughts as she drove towards her destination. Both the car and she were attracting much attention on the road. She wondered how it will be at college. She clutched the steering wheel tighter when she entered through the gates. She drove at the respected limits and as predicted all eyes were on her red baby and her.

She stepped out of the car but didn't remove her shades. She looked around and spotted Sania and Eshaan with their loser friends. Everyone was stunned.