Chapter 23 ~ A Bummer For Sure

••••

••••

Time seemed to have stopped when the two fierce girls gazed at each other with a fire burning in their mind.

Sameer broke the silence by introducing Maira. "Guys this is Maira, my little sister."

A flash of relief passed over Sania's face while Maira was still flushed with anger. To mend things Sania extended a hand of friendship towards her but Maira returned her the slap with much vigor. This time everyone was shocked as they have never witnessed Sania Yazzir getting slapped by anyone.

"If you weren't Sameer's sister, I would have murder you bitch," she said.

"I accept your friendship," Maira said while smiling and they hugged each other. Sameer introduced everyone to her. They knew that she is a bad-ass for sure.

Akira who has witnessed everything from upstairs stopped recording and decided to go downstairs to meet Sameer. She felt nervous as they were so many people but she knew that she had to do it.

"Come on Akira, he is your cousin and they all seemed friendly so no need to be scared," she muttered to herself silently and descended the stairs while keeping her eyes glued on them. They were chattering with Maira.

She didn't notice the peel that Sania had thrown earlier and slipped on it. However she didn't fall down but in fact she was in someone's arms with her arms automatically wrapped around his neck. She goggled at the handsome stranger with a confused look wondering whether he's the one who has saved her earlier who also happened to have a perplexed look just like Akira. Their eyes were connected to each other until someone yelled, "Get a room."

Akira left him immediately and turned towards Sameer who hugged her at once. Before any confusion arises, he took her till the group and introduced her.

"Meet my cousin, Akira," she smiled at them but everyone had a panic-stricken look on their faces. Their behavior doubled her nervousness until the stranger came to them. He extended his hand forward towards Akira and she hesitantly accepted it.

"Nice to meet you Akira. I'm Eshaan," he said while squeezing her hand a little with a smile plastered on his face. His reaction however didn't go unnoticed by Akira. She removed her hand from his grip and took a step backwards, a bit closer to Sameer.

"Oh my God Akira," said a girl unexpectedly while rushing towards her. She gave her a tight hug and laughed at the same time.

"You never told me you would be joining here," she said while glancing at her excitedly. Akira was about to talk to her when Sania interfered.

"So finally you're here in my personal institute, welcome to hell, Maryam," said Sania wickedly.

Sania and Maryam were typical enemies since kindergarten. There was a tough competition between them and they hated each other a lot because Sania's father and Maryam's elder brother are business rivals.

"Really Sania, the day the competition between us would be over is the day when I would leave this world forever so don't think you are the smartest here. Remember I'm always here to create a hurdle in your way," said Maryam proudly which made everyone looked at them.

Sania glared at her irately and exited from there with her group following her except for Sameer and Maira.

"You girls know each other," asked Sameer.

"I met her at the airport while Maira was freshening up. I sat with her in the eatery as there was no vacant table and we talked a bit," replied Akira while smiling at Maryam.

"Friends," Akira gladly accepted her friendship as she knew that there was a huge difference between her and Sania. They talked for a while before leaving to their respective place.

At night Sania, Eshaan and a few friends gathered at her place. They were discussing about today's event when Sania finally brought up the topic that no one arise when they first saw Akira at the cafeteria.

"I don't believe this. I never thought she would be back but I don't get one thing. Why did she reveal her name as Akira?"

Eshaan replied, "That's what I was thinking too. I mean we all recognize her but she pretended like she doesn't know anyone of us, like nothing had ever happened in the past. She's changed."

"You're right. She was dressed pretty modest and she looked apprehensive as well. I don't understand that girl, just because she changed her name, dress, attitude, and pretended like she doesn't know us that doesn't mean we would forget everything."

They were discussing among themselves when Veer entered the house with his friends. There was a huge tension in the air as despite being cousins, Eshaan and Veer were antagonists. They hated each other too much and so did their friends. Only Sania and Sameera being their only sisters respectively were on good terms. Being paternal cousins and living in a joint family was hell.

When Veer's father arrived in the living room, he made an announcement: "Dad, I won't study at Rising Star. I already lost two years in my life and I don't want to lose another two."

His father had an anxious look and so was Sameera, his little sister. She wanted Veer to be with her but he had taken the decision solo apparently.

"Is everything okay son? Did someone say anything," his father asked while looking at Eshaan since everybody knew that they were not on good terms since the past two years.

"Is it because of her that you want to hide like a coward," Eshaan said loudly while focusing on his phone. He looked at Veer and gave him a playful smirk.

His announcement shook everyone but his parents the most. They thought he was back to his normal self again but something surely came up which made him take a last minute decision. Sania and Eshaan were well aware of the reason, either he had met or he had seen her today and instead of facing her, he has planned to keep distance.

"What's wrong son?" This time his mother asked.

"She's back," answered Sania to her aunt. Every face turned towards Veer, some of pity while others of mockery.

••••