Chapter 10 ~ A Hugger Mugger Savior

••••

••••

Akira focused on Julian's dead body lying on the floor. He was about to kill her. Strong suspicion of him having a connection with the people who had shot at their van plagued her mind. They were wearing black clothes and they were shooters. It means Julian and the woman whom he had introduced as his fiancée are none other than criminals.

She feared for the friends as the fake fiancée was still with them and no one knows her true identity. What if she hurts one of them?

"Are you okay?"

A voice brought Akira back to reality. Cold shivers ran down her spine as she looked like one of those assassins. Tall, black pants and leather jacket, a gun in her hand with dark brown mysterious eyes staring into her soul.

Akira nodded as speech seemed to have been robbing from her mouth.

The woman stared at her tied hands and then looked around the room. She started checking wardrobes and drawers. Fortunately she found the keys to opening Akira's cuffs in one of the drawers. She hurriedly set her free from the bonds, relieving her from her misery.

Maybe this woman is a savior. This time she didn't bother of knowing her name, history or the reason of being in this forest; what matters was she was rescued. God listened to her pleas.

"Thank you," Akira said.

She followed her and exited the room. But as soon as they reached the part of the cabin which looked more like a living room, the cannibal who had flirted with her appeared. Blocking their way, he swings a knife at the mysterious woman but she caught it successfully and smirked at him. It didn't take long for him to go on Hulk mode. Pushing Akira inside a room, she entered too and closed the door.

"Te mato hermosa."
(I will kill you beautiful.)

"Do you know what he said?" Akira asked, trying to guess whether the woman understood Spanish or not.

"He is trouble best avoided," she answered looking confused.

However it wasn't long before the cannibal to crash the door but the savior leapt at him and a wrestling began. She was good at combat as she was able to avoid most of his punches and kicks. Nonetheless at one point he was on top of her and started to choke her. Fearing that her last chance would die, Akira grabbed a jar and smashed it on his head. The diversion gave her enough time to get rid of him forever.

Grabbing hands, both girls run through the forest getting as far as possible from the cabin. They didn't look behind and ran as fast as their legs could take them. All they had to do was focus ahead but eventually they had to stop when Akira couldn't run any further; she started getting out of breath.

"Let's sit down for a while. You'll feel better," she proposed.

Listening to her advice, Akira relaxed against a tree and stared upwards at the sky which was getting darker. The getaway was getting deadlier by each minute she is spending in the forest. Escaping death was becoming a game for her, each level more difficult than the previous one.

"Who are you?" Akira finally asked, diminishing the suspense.

"My name is-" before she could continue, someone said, "Layla."

It was none other than Han. They smiled at each other and she ran to give him a passionate hug. He reciprocated in the same manner but kept his eyes on Akira who was now standing on her feet.

She felt weird watching them together.

••••