Chapter 16 ~ A Successful Rescue Operation

••••

••••

The Legends were famous for their bravery, courage and leading successful missions. Terrorists and arms dealers have had encountered nothing but blood and tears from them. Adeel Malik and his elder brother Ali Malik have made sure that their goals are always attained and world peace and security are maintained.

It was purely luck that Akira's father Adeel was in Manila for a conference when Taylor contacted them for help.

"Sir we are getting a distress call from Northern Mariana Islands," his secretary told him while they were embarking on their army plane. Panic overtook him as his hands started getting sweatier and heart was beating faster realizing that his daughter's life was at risk.

Upon noticing Olivia and a random girl on the screen, explaining their problematic situations, he directed his crew to Northern Mariana Islands instead of Tokyo where he had his next mission waiting.

For Adeel, nothing is more important than his daughter's life.

The sophisticated army planes were able to make them cover a distance of five hours in merely three. Adeel leant his back and closed his eyes with his feet tapping the solid metal slowly. He was getting more anxious by each passing minutes.

"Sir I've known you for years but never saw you panic like this before," said Duke, one of his best commandos.

His eyes shot open as he stared at the young man. They were like a family and cared for each other. Duke was in The Legends for the past six years, being the best of the best and he was also like a younger brother to Adeel.

"I got a distress call from my daughter's friend saying that they've been trapped in a forest for the past three days. Dangers lurking everywhere and my daughter Akira is lost in that wood," he tried to stay strong while he spoke but eventually tears pooled his eyes. Duke gave him a brotherly hug and said, "Nothing will happen to Akira sir. We'll find her."

They reached the exact location but there was no place to land down the plane so jumping from a very high altitude was the only option. Adeel was ready to take any risk for his kid and besides he had the most fearless people with him. They all jumped using parachutes and landed on a mountain.

"Sir the signal is very close but the girls are not here," said his secretary, Alice while examining her IPad closely.

Using binoculars they noticed a tower in the jungle. Believing they could have taken refuge, Adeel divided the groups and started exploring and since it was nearly dawn the task became much easier. Duke, Alice, Brandon who is a combat specialist and Adeel followed the path to the tower while the rest of them took different routes. They had to run fast as there wasn't a single moment to lose.

Upon hearing nothing, Duke opened the front door of the abandoned mansion causing a happy hour for two unconscious men as they were about to become victims of cannibals. Duke shot one of them while Brandon charged like a furious bull towards the second. They went to check on them when Adeel noticed one of them was Adam and the other was his ally Han, whom they had tried to kill several times till the day they had needed his help to finish off some terrorists.