Chapter 59 ~ A Crack Of Dawn

••••

••••

The dawn came with a silence where a fresh page is awaiting to be filled with ink. Akira sipped on more black coffee observing the beauty of sunrise. She couldn't sleep because her mind kept working all night long.

A smile spread across her pale pink lips because she is writing her destiny this time.

No one else will dare to hurt her or become a hurdle in her way. She has been a puppet held by strings for eighteen years but not anymore. Enough is enough.

The sound of her ringtone made her rush inside almost spilling coffee on her clothes from yesterday.

"Your plane departs for London at three. Can't wait to see you Akira"

"I've missed you too and thank you for doing this."

Noticing her coffee had gone cold, she went to the kitchen where a shirtless and messy hair Han was standing.

"Good morning," he said while yawning.

"Good morning. You clearly need some more sleep."

"How do you look so fresh? Aren't you tired?"

"Not at all. Anyways I've spoken to Adam, I'm sure you remember him from that scary trip to Northern Mariana Islands. Our tickets have been paid, everything is done we are leaving at noon since we need to be at the airport at least three hours before and thank you for letting me stay here."

Han smiled. "You know I can never refuse you right but I couldn't ask you, why you came here instead of going to your place?"

"I'm sorry for what I said about you last night. I didn't mean to hurt you, everything happened in a whirlwind of emotions and at that time, everyone's face flashed in my mind but only later I realized how wrong I was so I asked one of my father's soldiers to drop me here as believe it or not I need friends and you're pretty much all that I have left. I don't want to keep contact with anyone from my past whether it's my college friends or my cousins."

Han nodded and prepared more coffee for the two of them.

"You should sleep, I'm going to fetch my luggage at my house, I need to go to Rising Star one last time and I'll meet you directly at the airport."

"You still haven't told me why we are going to London and why I said yes immediately to you when you asked me at four in the morning?"

"Get some sleep Han."

Akira brushed her ruffled hair and splashed cold water on her face. She grabbed some cash and in a matter of time, she was giving the taxi driver her address.

The early morning oxygen felt good to breathe. She let the window down and enjoyed the view as it's the last time she'll be seeing them. As expected, several black jeeps were in front of the mansion where she used to live.