Chapter 33 ~ A Glimpse In Past

••••

••••

The driver of the jeep got down and marched towards Akira with an evil grin plastered on his face. She took few steps backward until her back collided with a hard chest.

Still feeling panicked, Akira lifted her head gradually to spot an angry Veer who grabbed her arm gently and placed her behind him protectively. Veer shot death glares to the guy who had stepped down. He mumbled a little 'sorry' and drove away instantly.

Once they were out of sight, Veer turned towards Akira and found her breathing heavily. When he looked at her closely, he realized that her clothes were torn and dirty, bruises and blood had covered her exposed skin, like she has been tortured.

"Aki..." before he could say anything, she ran away from him. Veer chased her and grabbed her from behind. She started to wiggle free from his grip while screaming, "NO LEAVE ME."

"Akira, calm down."

He tried to talk to her but she just kept on screaming and struggled even harder. Veer hugged her tightly and rubbed her back in a soothing way.

"No one will hurt you, calm down."

Akira sobbed slowly until she started to cry louder. She slipped from his arms and sat down on the lawn. Veer sat down on his knees, held her close to his body, stroking her hair slowly while convincing her that there's no harm. She clutched his jacket tightly but her sobs were never ending.

All those harsh memories returned back. She buried her head into his chest while encircling her trembling hands around his neck, like he's her everything. Veer rubbed her back again with one hand and encircled the other around her waist to keep her firm.

"It's alright, I'm with you."

Tons of questions were roaming in his mind but Akira had to be handled first. She was trembling with fear.

"He had... tried to... rape me before trying to kill... kill me," she said between her sobs. Veer was shocked by the revelation. "He said... he said that... his mistakes will be...excused...if he killed...a killer." Akira was narrating her biggest traumatic experience unknowingly to Veer because for once she felt safe.

This time he didn't understand her well, he thought he had misheard, who she was referring as a killer.

The pain had already dug in deep physically and mentally. Her arms slipped from his neck but before she could fell, Veer grabbed her and realized that she had fallen unconscious. Fresh tears had covered her red cheeks; she clearly looked miserable, yet very beautiful. There's something magnetic with her which always made him attracted to her intently.

Even though she has broken his heart, he can't seem to get over it; his heart always wished the opposite.

"Why are you like this? Why do you have this control on me?"