Chapter 22 ~ A Remarkable Get Together

••••

••••

Akira Malik watched her savior leave, roaring his bike on the road as he disappeared. She regretted as she didn't even thank him for saving her life.

Walking with Maira towards the main building with eyes gazing them from all direction was very disturbing. She was the center of attention and she hated it. She felt uncomfortable with mostly boys staring at her and girls with smirk on their faces.

They first went to the administration to get their IDs, schedule and everything that were important.

"Are you kidding me? Being a British, I will have to take English classes just because it's mandatory?" Maira yelled at the lady who appeared to be in her late twenties. Akira tugged her elbow to prevent her from creating a scene as the other students were watching them.

But Maira was a tigress; she is tenacious, obstinate and fearless.

"Listen girl, we have students from all around the world and some of them do not speak good English that's why a new rule was introduced. English classes are mandatory for all students. Like it or not."

She spoke to her in a calm yet rude tone but that was Maira whom she was dealing with and she's not one of those who take insults or remarks lightly.

"How dare you talk to me like that? Do you even know who I am?" The lady grinned at her wickedly and said, "I know for a fact you're not a princess or belonged to one the wealthiest families here or to the royalty. Just because you can afford it here, doesn't put you in the billionaire's club so don't try to act smart with me bitch."

Before Maira could smack the lady in her face, Akira managed to drag her out. Enough scenes were already created since they have stepped foot at Rising Star College.

"I would put her in her place. How dare she? If she thinks that we are some puppets around well she is wrong, I'm not tolerating."

"Enough Maira. We already faced enough so there's no need to think of it. Let's just find Sameer."

They were about to leave when a boy approached them. He introduced himself as Mike a senior student who has volunteered to be the tour guide to some of the freshmen who were present at that moment.

"What are we; five that we need tour guides?"

Clearly Maira wasn't in the mood while Akira was cooperating with the situations. He showed them the classrooms, laboratories; playground, swimming area, gymnasiums, music classes, the fashion house, auditorium and still he hadn't even shown them half of the rest of the college.

"Where's the cafeteria Mike," asked a girl who had painted her lips like a Barbie doll.

"Patience, the cafeteria is normally the most crowded place here but you'll find it a bit vacant today. As from next week you will interact with around five thousand students."

The freshmen found it rather shocking as normally there are more than ten thousand students in a university. How come the number has decreased for Rising Star College, being one of the best in Asia?

"Excuse me Mike, don't you think five thousand is too little for this place," asked Maira as curiosity was eating her up.

"You're right but two years ago, a businessman bought it from the government and a lot of changes occurred. That's why the number is decreased as they don't offer much scholarship here."

Akira wondered who could have bought this place.

In the meanwhile Sania Yazzir arrived in the cafeteria with her clique. She took a banana from the counter, ate it and threw the peel on the floor.

"Why did you throw it on the floor Sania? What if someone slips and fall down?" asked Sameera nervously. She laughed coldly and replied with a vicious smile, "It gives me immense pleasure when someone falls down. Let's just wait for a prey."

Her friends were aware of her unusual jokes and sat together at a table. Few minutes later Sameer came and joined them. Sania had met him few months ago and took an instant liking in him but she knew that he was different from the rest of her friends. She befriended him and decided to take baby steps to jump into a relationship with him.

"What's up everyone and what's this Sania? Your so called open day for freshmen has turned out to be the perfect opportunity for strangers to flaunt their cars in the campus," Sameer questioned her confidently as he didn't appreciate how some of the seniors were interacting with the freshmen and some of the girls were so desperate that they strip-teased before a car-wash.

"Come on Sam, don't be such a bore. Innovation is the new era. See how everyone is enjoying, take a seat and relax," he ignored her and sat with the group when one of her girlfriends came rushing to them.

"Sania, guys you are not going to believe what just happened," she said enthusiastically while everyone gave her a questioning look.

"A girl nearly died due to a psycho driver but someone saved her in the nick of the time, gosh I don't know who he was but he is a hero. His body form revealed it all," she said while humming the last part.

"Is that what you wanted to say? How lame," replied Sania coldly and everyone gave the girl a cold shoulder. They were talking randomly when suddenly Sameer asked them of Eshaan whereabouts as he was the only missing person in the group.

"I don't know. He said he'll be here early but God knows where he is right now."

Standing upstairs, the group of novices stared at the cafeteria in awe. It was such a magnificent place, with walls painted white, orange and black, chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, a coffee shop in the middle, expensive paintings on the wall, sofas in the corners where couple could be seen having an amazing time.

"This place looks amazing no wonder it would be crowded." Sarcasm dripped from Maira's mouth. Mike and the other students climbed down the stairs while Maira managed to spot her brother sitting with his friends probably.

"Here's my phone. My brother is downstairs; I want you to record this sibling moment. It's been ages since we have met," she said excitedly, handing her phone to Akira before rushing down the stairs.

Akira was happy for her as at least her brother remembered her unlike her own brother Ehteshaam who had forgotten about his family completely.

Maira yelled his name while standing a few feet behind him. When he turned around, she sprinted towards him and gave him a crushing bear hug. Akira smiled at them while recording the whole thing. She was focusing on the video when unexpectedly a girl slapped Maira.

"Oh, oh, what just happened?" Akira muttered under her breath while glancing at the scene from upstairs. If looks could kill, both Maira and that unknown girl would be six feet under. 

••••