Chapter 48 ~ A Shot At Amends

••••   

••••   

Ryan took in a breath and stepped inside the beach house. Guilt haunted him and cut through his soul while staring at Akira's tear stained face. He should have never fallen into the trap of peer pressure where your friends forced you into making a girl's life a living hell. They have been terrible and worse to her in every aspect.

"You're sorry, is that what you just said?"

Han left the man on the floor and stood in front of Akira shielding her from Ryan's intense gaze. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes at him.

"Yeah," he muttered slowly. "You almost send her to the gallows and now you're covering your hideous act with a simple sorry along with that so called making amends face?"

The harsh words hit Ryan right in the heart but it was nothing compared to what his friends and him have done to Akira. But before this conversation could go any further, Ryan was sent crashing against the wall as Ehteshaam dealt with him.

"You guys fucking hurt my sister, I'm not going to make it easy for you."

His fist collided against Ryan's jaw making him splutter blood but Ryan wasn't going to accept defeat either so he retaliated by kicking him behind the knees. Ehteshaam got down and Han was about to intervene when Akira held his hand.

"No," she stated.

Ryan recovered quickly and twisted Ehteshaam hand behind his back but he gave him a hard head collision giving him time to pull through. Seizing the opportunity of Ryan's temporary migraine, he lunged at him and started punching his face weakening him completely. Ryan couldn't do anything except from trying to block his face instead getting punched on his abdomen.

His grunts and screams filled in the room almost making it unbearable to hear and tolerate.

"That's enough," Akira yelled and Ehteshaam left him on the spot.

She approached a bruised Ryan who was sitting on the floor, leaning his back against the wall with blood dripping from his lips and a purple eye. His dark blonde hair was disheveled and chin was trembling.

"I accept your apology."

Tears filled his eyes focusing on her emotionless face. She was numb to his tattered state. All that flashed through his mind was the night where she was begging his friends and him to let her go while they were enjoying torturing her.

They have been inhumane so he deserved what he has just gone through.

Han grabbed the man's collar and pulled him out of the house. "That's the last time you've done someone's dirty work, you heard me." The man nodded as he has already witnessed what is awaiting him if he repeats his mistake.

"Book a suite and wait for me. I'm not done with that guy," Han said and they were quick to listen. He watched them Ehteshaam and Akira leave and entered the beach house, this time shutting the door and switching the lights on.