Chapter 57 ~ A Life Threatening Ploy

••••

••••

Everything was becoming surreal for Akira. She knew Ryan had hurt her and she had almost forgotten about it until now where one of the darkest nights of her life will become public.

For a moment she thought of running away because she was becoming very good at it lately but Ryan's blue eyes had held her captivated.

"The first day Akira stepped into Rising Star College, Sara attempted to run her car over her."

The warmth in the room increased as all eyes reverted on Sara. Her hung down in shame head was enough to show her as the culprit. A female police officer grabbed her arm but she strikes her using punches. Veer and the lady took hold of her and brought her in front.

"You can't do anything. You don't know who I am. My family will destroy you all and beside I didn't kill her. It wasn't my fault that she walked on the middle of the road instead of the pavement..." She kept ranting even after she was handcuffed. "My family will not spare you."

The lady officer had no other option than to strike her on the head soft enough for her to not lose consciousness but at least to shut her mouth.

"First attempt was very unsuccessful thanks to someone. The helmet guy, as gossips have gone for a few days. Do you know who the helmet guy was?"

Akira blinked her eyes as she had guessed it could have been Eshaan but now it made sense that it could be Ryan.

"You?" She said timidly.

"No. It was Veer."

Her heart skipped a beat as Veer was the last person on her mind. She glared at him and Veer blushed.

"He saved your life that day and on the same night he made a decision to leave town because he didn't want Anisha back in his life." Turning his fuming gaze towards Anisha, Ryan said, "Your selfish reasons ruined him. You broke his heart so bad that he opted for drugs instead of opening up. My best friend lost six months in drugs and a year and a half in its rehabilitation process. That's what happened after you were gone Anisha but why would you care about Veer? Your mother's dirty little secret held more importance than someone's feelings so each time we, Veer's friends saw Akira in college, the dark days re-appeared in our minds because we have seen our brother broken down."

He turned his gaze back to Akira.

"We thought you wanted to destroy Veer's life again because he had recently come home when you returned into his life. We didn't hate you Akira. We hated Anisha and the consequences that we bore after she was gone but still it doesn't justify our actions towards you."

"Tell me all that you and your friends have done to my daughter," Adeel's menacing voice echoed in the room.

"First we uploaded a video on Facebook calling Akira a loser after she lost the bowling match. She seeks revenge by..." Maryam instantly interrupted. "No she didn't do anything. Ruining you guys' cars was my idea not hers. She's innocent."