Chapter 45 ~ A Downfall Of Insults

••••  

  ••••  

Akira hoped that everything happening right now is none other than a figment of her imagination. This isn't real. It's only a nightmare that will fade away soon.

But unfortunately it isn't.

She stood stiffened in the middle of the cafeteria eyes wandering aimlessly at the mocking and laughing faces of everyone until they stopped at someone.

Veer.

His face was neutral. She couldn't determine what was he up to but she remembered everything about him. She remembered him saving her life, wrapping his arms around her trembling body and also the words she had said to him.

"He said that his mistakes will be excused if he killed a killer."

Fear gripped her body holding her tight. For once she only remembered the confession that she had said to someone she shouldn't have.

As the sound of teasing started dying down, Veer walked towards her but still kept a distance between them. His eyes bore into hers expressing the hatred he has towards her.

"What's the matter? You didn't like the surprise."

His question was the most unexpected. She remembered him saving her life. She remembered seeing him at the hospital but then she couldn't comprehend his attitude so she only stared at him lips slightly parted with silent tears rolling down her cheeks.

"You are the sluttiest person I've ever seen," said Sania, arms crossed below her chest while standing next to her friends. "I know that's my brother right there on the big screen but you knew he loved Maira so you still seduced him. Disgusting."

Akira couldn't do anything other than hanging her head down in shame, clutching her bag with one hand. The tears continued oozing out of her eyes.

She didn't recall ever kissing Eshaan.

As far as she remembered, she has never kissed anyone.

Weird conclusions of someone spiking her drink came to mind. This is why everything seemed blurry in her mind. Someone has again framed her.

"Akira," Maryam came forward. Akira stared at her acknowledging the fact that at least her friends are with her. "I can't believe you. I can't believe that I actually thought you are even worthy of being someone's friend."

"How can you say that? Maryam I don't remember this at all."

"Don't even say my name. From now on neither Lucy nor I'm your friend."

Almost everyone was whispering upon hearing Maryam's words. But no one said a word against her. They were all against Akira. Losing the last two important persons in her life reduced her into nothingness.

Veer's face held a grin of maliciousness as if he was enjoying like the rest of them.

"You shouldn't even exist."

"Backstabbing bitch."

"Who would do that to their own cousin?"

"Shy on the street, sexy in the sheet! What a whore."

The words of insults came pouring in one after the other shattering her dignity and reputation. Akira stood like a statue, heart beating fast and being completely helpless. There was no one on her side.

"Hey look, the hero of the show," someone yelled. Akira lifted her head and noticed everyone staring at Eshaan who had a confused look on his face. When he noticed the clip playing on the projector screen, his gaze shifted to Akira immediately.

"Aki..."

She couldn't bear more and ran not before hearing. "Go die bitch."

Maybe this is what she should do. Die. She is a burden in this world and today it's been proven. Akira started the car and drove. Once she made it on the main road, she screamed and sobbed even louder. No one cares for her. Not her family, nor her friends or the person who has saved her life.

This is probably what she deserved.

Her low self-esteem has left her feeling insecure and unwanted.

Stopping at the parking of a tall building, she got out of the car, slamming the door violently and wiped her tears. Her head rose up to watch the top of the skyscraper.

"There's no way I'll survive this," she whispered.

Her plan of committing suicide will not fail. She walked briskly and hit the button of the last floor in the elevator. The door slid shut trapping her inside with her suicidal thoughts. Akira prevented more tears from coming out of her eyes.

This will be the ending of all trouble.

The lift grinded to a halt and the door opened. She brushed past the shoulders of the people waiting and climbed the emergency stairs that led up to the rooftop. As she pushed the large metal open, a strong wind hit her blowing her hair, staining the tears on her face.

With a heavy heart, her feet took her to the edge of the building. She stepped on the fence lifting her arms and spreading them, embracing the cold breeze. She lifted her head and stared at the sky.

"I know that suicide is Haraam. As a Muslima, I'm not allowed to do it but I have no other choice. I'm coming to you Allah. I'm coming."

Her head lowered down. She started feeling dizzy staring down for long. Her head started moving, eyes closing and opening, ready to let go but a hand pulled her down. She found strong arms wrapping around her body.

"I'm gone for a few months and this is what you're up to."

This voice.

"Han," she whispered wrapping her arms around his waist and cried.

••••