Chapter 14 ~ A Moment Of Terror

••••

••••

The person stood up instilling more fear in Akira's heart. She could felt sweat drenching her skin. A narrow stream of moonlight shone in the room making the stranger's back appeared more scary than usual. If only she had a weapon to defend herself.

"Hello Anna or should I say Akira?"

The old hysterical voice brought back the nightmares which had haunted her thoughts once. He faced her with a hideous smirk on his face. It's him, the man who had scared her guts.

"Jay Martinez."

"I see you remember me."

Lies. He hates liars and had killed everyone who had ever lied to him. Everything she had read about him refreshed her memory. Akira's back collided against the locked door. She was trapped with a psycho killer in an abandoned manor.

"I have a weird obsession about liars. I hate them. But you and that other girl seemed nice then why would you lie about your names."

In a flash of shock and dread, Akira struggled with the door knob, yelling Asad's name louder than she can but the psychopath grabbed her from behind and threw her on the floor.

"You smell good."

Akira managed to stand up and kicked him hard where the sun doesn't shine. It gave her an opportunity to make a run and break the lock with a rod lying nearby. She ran back to the dining room where she spotted the other two cannibals devouring Asad's remains.

Tears filled her eyes but she had no time as she heard footsteps coming from behind. She ran up the stairs and locked herself in a room. Covering her mouth, she cried and mourned for Asad. Time passed slowly. Akira stayed hidden in the darkness feeling every beat of her heart pounding and the sound of her pulse throbbing in the ear.

Akira held her breath, daring to not make a sound when she heard footsteps clinking against the hard marble approaching her. Each second seemed to last an eternity as she lay perfectly still listening to the footsteps of Jay Martinez.

"Caught you."

In the meanwhile Han, Adam and Mary were strolling in the woods but couldn't find anything. They have been inspecting everywhere to find at least one clue on Akira's whereabouts but to no avail.

"I think we should return Adam. There's nothing here," said Mary desperately but Han interrupted her.

"I think this is it."

They found themselves standing in front of a huge abandoned mansion in the middle of the forest.

"This looks haunted. I don't think she might be inside," said Mary and Han interrupted her again.

"If you want to back out, I won't blame you."

Mary swallowed her fear and pride and pushed the gates opened. They stayed vigil focusing on any sounds. To their horror, they saw the two cannibals chewing on human flesh. Blood were scattered everywhere on the white floor.

"So this is Asad's ending. If he is here, it means Akira isn't far," said Han while glaring at the cannibals with a deadly gaze. "Mary you go find Akira while we deal with these man-eaters once and for all," said Adam.

She was both scared and hesitant for the job that she has just been given. There's no way she would be able to fight two muscular cannibals. Mary regretted of coming with them but she got no other choice as well. She stepped forward cautiously and went towards the stairs unharmed. The cannibals didn't even attempt to hurt her which was pretty weird.

Han held his sword tightly between his fingers while Adam unlocked his gun. The two cannibals stood up, rolled their sleeves to their elbows and stared at their opponents.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Adam asked Han.

"They want a man to man fight."

"What nonsense! Why don't we just blow off their fucking brains instead?"

"Or prove that you are not a man," continued Han.

Any male's ego would be hurt on hearing the statement. Adam put his gun back in his pocket and they both stepped forward to eliminate these monsters forever in a one to one combat. To their surprise, the cannibals threw some powder at their face which blinded their vision.

"God, my eyes... is burning," yelled Adam. They tried to wipe off the powder from their eyes but it kept on irritating them further.

"Shit I told you so Han, now how we are supposed to fight back," shouted an infuriated Adam. Han kept firm on his grounds and listened carefully for any possible noise but Adam was moving around slowly.

"Stop making noise and listen carefully for the slightest sound possible. Remember they can see us," he had to yell at him as he was freaking out. Han removed some shurikens from his pocket and kept it secured in his hands, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Mary who had been strolling around, verifying several rooms decided to give up. But when she turned around she saw him.

"Oh hell no!"

"Hello Maggie or should I say Mary?"

"Where is Akira?"

The psycho killer grabbed her and pushed her inside the bathroom. His eyes were alight with evil glee.

"I would love to torture your ass before killing you but I've got someone else on my waiting list. She's much prettier and innocent than you. And that's what I love, torture those who I know are intimidated by me."

Mary gazed at him with anger dripping from her features but before she could react, he pushed her in the tub and tried to choke her under the water. Mary tried to resist but couldn't fight till she gave up and closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry Mary. You would have been alive if you hadn't lie," he said to her lifeless body that was lying in the tub. He returned in the room where he had tied Akira and glared at her form.

"Someone's back in her senses."

••••