Chapter 53 ~ A Divided Family Gathering

•••• 

•••• 

Words left Akira.

She was frozen on spot, staring at the girl who bore parallel resemblance to her. All her life she has blamed herself. Thinking every time that she has killed her twin, even accidentally she felt guilt eating her alive.

Her eyes still widened were focused on hers. Tears have found its way but she didn't let it spill.

"You're in shock. Understandable."

Anisha said in a normal tone like nothing mattered to her. She wasn't aware of the remorse Akira had gone through. It means nothing to her.

"How...how's that...possible?"

A chuckle left Anisha's mouth. She shook her head slowly left to right and grabbed Akira's hands.

"I thought you will be happy to see me alive."

Akira didn't waste to remove her hands from her grip and took few steps backwards. The tears eventually spill and her emotions started flooding out.

"I mourned for you. I thought I was the one who has pushed you in that river." Her voice croaked and her body shivered despite being in a place of hot temperatures. "I thought it was my mistake, you died because of me."

"Yeah well that was the whole plan. You pretending to kill me so my mom can pretend to go mad, divorce my biological father and marries her lover and we live a happily ever after," Anisha stated like there's nothing wrong.

And that's where Han intervened. "Yeah but life's no fairytale and you got busted. Layla, can you fetch her mother while she clarifies something with the Yazzir family here?"

"Sure."

"You backstabbing bitch," Anisha didn't hide her resentment for Layla but the latter only smiled before leaving. "Family comes first; Han's my cousin unlike you who can mess her twin sister's life just for a boy."

"Okay let me get this straight since I had nothing to do with either one of these sisters," Sania exclaimed. "Anisha and Akira, you're two different persons and none of you pretended to be the other. You were yourselves all the time, right?"

Han approached Anisha casually and stared into her deep brown eyes. "Start spill."

"Two years ago, it was me who came to Dubai and yes I fell in love with Veer." She looked in his direction and the confusion displaying on his face didn't go unnoticed. "It was the best time of my life but my mother found out that you were very rich. You belonged to one of the most influential families and that could risk everything she has kept a secret so she ordered to break up with you. I know you think I'm a slut and a liar but you have to understand that I had no other choice. I still love you Veer and I know you do too."

"Lie, everything was a lie. You played with my emotions," Veer couldn't help but spoke his heart out. His shoulders stiffened, tears threatened to fall to show how weak he had been. The masking of grief nearly came out. "You could have talked, I'll understand but you decided to stomp on my heart. You are selfish."

"It's not like that. I didn't want to break up with you but I had to and at that time using Eshaan was the only way."

Eshaan's eyes were plastered on her because she was actually clearing his image.

"I had to do something so I went in his bedroom, flirted with him. It was all me but when a guy gets attention from a desperate girl, he'll take it."

"How dare you?" Eshaan rebuked.

"It's true. I saw it in your eyes that night. You wanted me but I'm sorry because Veer's the only one whom I have ever loved. I used you to break up with Veer and returned back to my country. I had to confirm that Veer hates me before leaving thus keeping my mother's secret."

The faces of Veer and his friends started turning pale. They had been wrong since the beginning. They all have punished Akira for sins she never committed. She was innocent but it was too late because they have shattered her soul.

"Mrs. Farah Jafry, welcome," Han said sarcastically.

With a painful heart, Akira's head lifted on its own and saw the woman who had abandoned her family when she was six years old. She almost didn't recognize her but she had her mother's eyes.

"Mom," her voice came in a loud whisper.

"Don't call me mom. I may have given birth to you but you're nothing but a parasite for me. I hate you Akira. I always have and I always will."

Hearing Farah's statement was heart-breaking. Veer's fingers curled into a fist as he prevented himself from breaking down. He has been wrong. Everyone has been wrong towards Akira including her own mother.

Han had everything under control. He has decided to render Akira justice the moment he discovered the truth.

"That's stale news Mrs. Jafry."

"You don't know with whom you're messing Han. You don't know my husband."

"True, I don't know your present husband but I know your ex-husband, Anisha's real father Adeel Malik. Leader of a mercenary group called The Legends. There he is, turn around and say hi Mrs. Jafry."

Han lips curved into a smile because when he found out about Farah's plot and confronted them. He told them that Veer deserves to know the truth as Anisha broke his heart but in reality he wanted justice for Akira.

Adeel Malik followed by a few men and women dressed in black stepped into the lavish living room of Yazzir mansion. His eyes wandered from unknown to familiar faces. Farah, Akira but then behind stood another girl who looked more like the Akira he knew than the one standing next to his ex-wife. His eyebrows furrowed but it didn't take long for an experienced and smart army man.

"Son of a gun," the words escaped his mouth in a whisper.

••••