Chapter 43 ~ A Fortuitous Break Up

••••  

  ••••  

Maira Malik has played the card of a spoilt brat with a heart hidden somewhere beneath designer clothes well. She has never shown herself as a weakling or someone who needs affection because accessories had it covered that is until she met Eshaan.

Handshake turned into light conversation, acquaintance turned into friendship and infatuation turned into what she thought was love.

Locking herself in one of the rooms in the Yazzir mansion, she cried her heart out. She screamed realizing how her doubt had turned real. Fake, it was all fake. Akira whom she had always thought was a shy girl slowly blooming into a confident teenager actually turned into the biggest backstabbing bitch of all time.

"Maira, please open the door."

Eshaan breaking voice literally begged her. She had never seen him so low but Maira wasn't strong enough to forgive him. He is the guy whom she had fallen in love with and also cheated on her with her own not so innocent cousin.

She kept quiet, trying to muffle the sound of her sobs with the pillow until he realized that his presence was actually suffocating her. He left after apologizing.

"I'm sorry Maira. I have no feelings for her. You're the only one whom I love."

She doesn't want to believe him after witnessing the fiery kiss, hands moving in sync and caressing cheeks. They looked like they were too much in love. Eshaan had never kissed her with such passion. It was always a peck on the lips or hands on her waist and yet they were an official couple.

Lies.

Her non-existent boyfriend-girlfriend relationship had been a big lie.

"Maira."

Someone called her name out. Being hundred percent sure that it wasn't Eshaan; she got up from the bed and wiped the running mascara from her cheeks. Opening the door, she spotted Veer looking at her with full concern.

"Are you okay?"

His soothing voice brought the tears back and she lunged at him, wrapping her arms around his torso. Veer eventually held her trembling body closer to his and patted her head gently. The corridor echoed with her cries and filled with his sadness.

Veer prevented tears from escaping his eyes. He was not going to waste it on a girl who doesn't give a damn about him.

He held her hand and entered the room with her. He closed the door but didn't lock it so as not to arise any suspicion. After Maira sat on the bed, he handed her a box of tissue and told her to wipe off the tears.

"I've known Akira since I was twelve. She was always shy, keeping to herself, not talking, the good kid that every parent wants. I was jealous of her because my father compared me to her numerous times so I bullied her. I've done worse things to her Veer but I have never stolen the person she was in love with. I never let myself become an obstacle in her way. Why would she steal Eshaan from me?"

Veer stared ahead blankly. He himself doesn't have an answer to that question. For the past week he had a feeling that she was rekindling their lost love only to ruin it again on the same night where everything got ruined.

"She is two faced. She plays with feelings like toys and then act like a perfect human. I'm glad you two have finally discovered her reality."

Sara startled them when she entered the room but didn't waste a moment to express her resentment against Akira. For the first time Veer agreed with his best friend. He regretted that he shouldn't have saved her life on the first day. He should have let Sara hit her with her car then they wouldn't be facing this awful night.

Maira stood on her feet and stared at the girl.

"You're Sara right. I've heard rumors that you hate my cousin a lot. Well guess what, we're on the same page because from tonight she means nothing to me as well. She lives or die, I don't care."

Sara smiled. Tonight she found the opportunity to get rid of Akira forever and now that Maira and Veer were on her side, nothing can stop her. Her dream of becoming Veer's wife one day started appearing more visible.

"We can't let her go unpunished for everything she has done. We need to show her that we aren't scared of her or don't let anyone else mess with our life."

"Whatever you're planning, I'm in," said Veer keeping a normal face, showing not an ounce of emotion. "Me too," added Maira.

"As from tomorrow she won't be able to walk with dignity. We'll tear her honor into shreds."

••••    

A/N: 

Hey readers, I'm sorry for being gone for so long. 'Judging You' badly needed editing. I couldn't continue writing it with so many mistakes.

Good news is I have finished editing it. Everything is written in a 3rd person's POV. It's easier for me that way as there are too many characters that I have to refer from time to time.

Updates will be regular from now on. This book will be completed very soon. But don't worry there are still around 17-18 chapters left.

Have a nice day. Bye.